Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Becca Campbell, Accidentally Killed Herself With Gun She Bought For Ferguson Unrest

1. On 8/18, I took this pic of #Ferguson protester Becca Campbell arguing w a cop. Campbell was fatally shot on Fri. pic.twitter.com/coDGN29xVF

- Paul Hampel (@phampel) November 24, 2014

The Blaze.com phrases it succinctly: She bought a gun to handle violence in Ferguson. But she wasn't ready to handle the gun. The victim, 26 year-old Becca Campbell was a passenger in a car. Her 33-year-old boyfriend was driving, The boyfriend told police the couple had bought a gun because of fears of unrest related to the pending grand jury decision in Ferguson. The woman was waving the gun around saying, "We're ready for Ferguson," the man told police. The boyfriend ducked to get out of the way of the gun and accidentally rear-ended another car. The accident caused the gun to go off and Becca Campbell accidentally pulled the trigger. She died instantly with a lone bullet to her head.

http://www.breaking911.com/woman-accidentally-kills-herself-with-gun-she-bought-for-ferguson-unrest/

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,339 Posts
Man, they needed a car accident like she needed a bullet to the.....TOO SOON?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
6,688 Posts
Pinellas Park police said that Emery had pointed a gun at the dog during the argument, and had pulled back the hammer to emphasize his seriousness.
But Emery made the mistake of pointing the gun at himself while trying to release the hammer, and a bullet discharged into his face.

Believe it or not there are some people that think this is still a good way to check to see if a firearm is loaded

Took an old timer to the range recently . He didn't care much for the semi auto pistols but really liked the old revolver I had. After a couple of shots he stared down the barrel with his finger still on the trigger to see if there was any bullets still left in it. :eek:

Had to respect his years of military service and wisdom for time on this planet, but wow ! :p

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,339 Posts
Pinellas Park police said that Emery had pointed a gun at the dog during the argument, and had pulled back the hammer to emphasize his seriousness.
But Emery made the mistake of pointing the gun at himself while trying to release the hammer, and a bullet discharged into his face.

Believe it or not there are some people that think this is still a good way to check to see if a firearm is loaded

Took an old timer to the range recently . He didn't care much for the semi auto pistols but really liked the old revolver I had. After a couple of shots he stared down the barrel with his finger still on the trigger to see if there was any bullets still left in it. :eek:

Had to respect his years of military service and wisdom for time on this planet, but wow ! :p
Seems his wisdom may have faded with time.

Reactions: pahapoika and FTH
1 - 7 of 7 Posts