1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By Brian Fraga
Standard-Times staff writer
October 23, 2008 6:00 AM

DARTMOUTH - A Dartmouth woman allegedly stabbed her live-in boyfriend this week after he came home late from his birthday party.
Denise A. Fortin, 36, was arraigned Wednesday in New Bedford District Court on charges that included armed assault to murder, assault and battery, and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.
Dartmouth police arrested Ms. Fortin after responding to a 911 call around 11:53 p.m. Tuesday at 40 Sol-E-Mar Lane in South Dartmouth.
When police arrived, they found the defendant's boyfriend bleeding from his abdomen. Inside the apartment, police found a bloody knife on a kitchen counter, court records said.
Near the knife, police also found a note Ms. Fortin reportedly wrote where she apologized to the victim, court records said.
The note said: "I'm truly sorry for doing this to you, but I don't love you. I never did. OK."
The victim, 38, was treated at the scene, but refused to be transported to the hospital, police said.
He also declined to file a restraining order against the defendant.
Questioned by police, Ms. Fortin said she "did something stupid" and stabbed her boyfriend, court records said.
Ms. Fortin said she had recently lost custody of her children to the Department of Children and Families and attended counseling for anger management issues, according to police reports.
The victim told police he celebrated his birthday with a friend in New Bedford on Tuesday night.
He said the defendant had threatened she would stab him if he was not home by 10 p.m., court records said.
Prosecutors requested Ms. Fortin - whose criminal record consists of a dismissed assault charge - be held on $5,000 bail.
Judge John M. Julian released the defendant on condition she have no contact with the victim and that she report to probation three times per week.

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081023/NEWS/810230332

1 - 1 of 1 Posts