Darien, CT opening | MassCops

Darien, CT opening

Discussion in 'New England Employment' started by kttref, Jul 6, 2009.

1. kttref

kttref New Member

http://darienpolice.org/Employment.php (if you have any questions just ask)

Application deadline is September 6th 2009 and the written exam will be on September 19th 2009.

We are a progressive, community-oriented police department seeking qualified, motivated, career-minded individuals to join our team.
    The Darien Police Department is an equal opportunity employer.

Benefits:
    • 20 Year Retirement
    • Life & Health Insurance
    • Paid Vacation
    • 12 Paid Holidays
    • Outstanding Educational Incentives
    • Longevity Increases
    • Extra Duty Jobs
    Duties:
    Works under immediate supervision of Captain, Lieutenant or Sergeant as designated, who frequently review work for completeness and conformance to orders and regulations. Operates Department cruisers and/or walks foot patrol beat on assigned shifts. Maintains order and protects life and property. Investigates complaints, violations, and accidents completing all required written reports. Performs all related duties as required.
    Requirements:

[​IMG]
    Candidates must have earned a minimum of sixty credits from an accredited college or university, or a minimum of two years full active military duty plus 30 credits, or previous law enforcement experience plus 30 credits. Candidates shall be required to attach a copy of their college diploma(s) and/or academic transcript(s) to their employment application upon submission. Candidates must have reached their 21st birthday at the time of written test. The candidate must possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license, and must be a citizen of the United States. Within a reasonable period of time, successful candidates will be required to reside in a town or city located within 25 miles of Darien. Police officers must possess a satisfactory level of social and general intelligence; ability to comprehend and follow written and oral policies and procedures; basic computer skills; ability to write accurate investigatory reports; logical reasoning, problem solving, and decision making abilities; capacity for sustained attention and concentration, as well as for decisive action. Police officer candidates must meet acceptable standards of physical and mental health, being free of any physical, mental, or physiological condition that could impair essential job requirements, including significant personality disorder or substance abuse. Candidates must have normal hearing, normal color vision and depth perception, binocular vision, distance and near vision (with lenses) must be 20/30 each eye.Candidates must be free from felony and Class A or B misdemeanor convictions, and have a good educational and work record.
    [​IMG]

Selection Process:
    1. Application
    2. Written Examination Minimum Passing Score 70%
    3. Physical Fitness (Pass/Fail)
    4. Oral Examination
    5. Polygraph Examination
    6. Psychological Examination
    7. Drug Screen
    8. Stress Test
    9. Comprehensive Medical Exam
    10. Background Investigation
    Upon passing the written examination, candidates will be notified as to the date, time and location of the physical fitness examination. Subsequently, as needed to fill vacancies, candidates will be drawn from an eligibility pool for the remainder of the selection process. The Board of Police Commissioners will interview successful candidates in making its determination of which to employ.

General Information:

• [*]All candidates MUST enclose a copy of their academic transcript(s) and/or college diploma(s) with their application.
      [*]All candidates with prior military service MUST enclose a copy of Form DD-214 with their application.
      [​IMG]
      [*]Enclose application fee of $40. Checks should be made payable to Darien Police Department.
      [*]The written examination will be conducted for the Town of Darien, Connecticut by a private testing agency.
      [*]Candidates must obtain a passing score on each part of the examination to be considered for succeeding parts.
      [*]Applicants who successfully complete the written examination with a minimum score of 70% will be eligible for the physical fitness testing.
    As the needs of the Darien Police Department dictate, admission to the oral phase will be limited only to candidates who have successfully completed the physical fitness testing and score highest on the written phase. Successful passing of written examination, physical fitness testing, oral board and the remainder of the selection process requirements stated does not guarantee employment by the Darien Police Department. The Town of Darien is an equal opportunity employer. For additional information, please call our training division at 203-662-5315 Monday-Friday, 7 AM — 3 PM .

2. Simon

Simon Guest

If you can promise to be my Eff Tee Oh....... I will be down for the test.

3. kttref

kttref New Member

Anything for you

4. kttref

kttref New Member

...hahaha could you imagine?

5. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Seems like a decent job, but I heard you have to work with some real losers. :p

6. Simon

Simon Guest

SHE doesn't but the rest of them do. hahahahaa

7. kttref

kttref New Member

...bite me :)

8. kttref

kttref New Member

just a reminder...at least 2 openings....maybe 3.

9. TRPDiesel

TRPDiesel MassCops Member

Holy $hite. With a median home price of over a million dollars I doubt the pay allows for officers to live in town. Looks like a really nice area though.

10. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Why do you think Kate practically needs a commuter plane flight to get to work? :cool:

11. kttref

kttref New Member

hahahahhaha yeah...we have like 4 guys who live in town - all inherited their houses. the rest of us live far far away....what we need is teleportation. i would LOVE IT.

12. mikey742

mikey742 Subscribing Member

I would apply but that damn college credit thing. I knew I should have listened to my mother and gone to college.

13. kttref

kttref New Member

Dude...online school. It's cheap and easy.

14. Phils513

Phils513 New Member

How many people are taking the exam?

15. kttref

kttref New Member

Looks like about 180. GL.

16. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

It must be nice to have a marine division. My department barely had enough to buy this...

[​IMG]

17. kttref

kttref New Member

haha everything for the marine division was donated!