Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Curry College Public Safety Officer/Dispatcher

I've heard some very negative things about Curry. Does anyone else have any input? :roll:

·
Subscribing Member
530 Posts
Re: Curry College Public Safety Officer/Dispatcher

Just curious are curry college officers sworn and if so are they SSPO's or deputy sheriffs.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I had occassion to go to Curry a few years back on an investigation of a couple of their cherubs. At least the day guys, as of two years ago, they weren't sworn, they didn't carry anything [OC, baton, handcuffs]. There were a few that were sworn as town specials, and they were looking into getting SSPO powers, but I don't kow how far they have gotten.

When I went there, the Lt. was sitting in gate handing out parking passes and information...

Here is one of their cruisers :http://schoolcars.0catch.com/curry.html

The other was a 1990 S-10 blazer

·
Registered
160 Posts
I saw the position advertised over there at Curry a few months ago so I dropped them an email. I was told that they are not sworn, although I do believe the are allowed to carry OC/Baton. The job posting said that they "Enforce laws" so I asked about that as well. I was told that they have a very close working relationship with Milton police, and that they call them when they actually need to "enforce laws." Thats about all I know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.