Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. As you may or may not know, there is a lot of controversy going on over a phone call to 911 and the state tropper's attitude towards the caller.

He hung up on the caller, said "Too bad" and it took 3 calls to get emergency units to respond. The 21-year-old boy died a week later due to injuries caused in the accident.

This trooper was suspended for only 15 days, and we feel it is a slap on the wrist.

We ask you to sign the petition, and to read more about this at

(link deleted by Irishpride because of anti-police advocacy)

Thank you!

·
Czar of Cyncism and Satire
2,070 Posts
matthewcannata,
Oh yeah, like you'll get alot of sympathy from the guys on this site!! LMFAO. Are you kidding me? This trooper probably knows the area where this nitwit was riding his dirtbike and responded there before for this type of accident.

I agree he could have been a bit more professional but his being an ass had absolutely no bearing on the response time for the ambulance to take this dope to the hospital where he eventually succumbed to his injuries. We have a saying for that in Police work, "Social Darwinism".

I only hope he was an organ donor and his death resulted in a few other lives being saved.

The trooper will take his 15 day suspension and be retrained on how to answer the phones nicely to the betterment of the general public. Take your petition and shove it up into your cyberspace, where it belongs. HC

·
2,297 Posts
So a 15 Day suspension (over $2000 fine) is a "Slap on the Wrist?"

As unprofessional as he was, it didn't affect the Emergency Response. The bottom line on the death of the rider was it was his own riding behavior that caused the accident, not the Trooper's behavior. You are clueless.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
bbelichick";p="60684 said:
So a 15 Day suspension (over $2000 fine) is a "Slap on the Wrist?"

As unprofessional as he was, it didn't affect the Emergency Response. The bottom line on the death of the rider was it was his own riding behavior that caused the accident, not the Trooper's behavior. You are clueless.
Correct. If you listened to the reports about this story (you seem to be in the "know"), then you know that the response time for this accident was like any other. By the third call emergency services were on their way. It has been stated in other articles that prior to the "too bad" call there were other reports, thus previous dispatch of emergency services.

You will not get much sympathy on this site, and I'm from CT. While he may have been unprofessional, and it's too bad what happened, it seems the boy would have died regardless of how long it took emergency services to respond.

By the way, who is "we"? It appears you only have 5 signatures on that list, all seemingly immature. Your time and efforts would be put to much better use by advocating safe bike riding. Not by trying to destroy the career of an 18yr. veteran with this one flaw on his record. This accident could have been prevented.

·
2,297 Posts
From the Petition:

This man's efforts, or lack thereof, helped claim the life of Justin Sawyer, a 21-year-old, who was having fun and crashed his motorcycle.
How was he "having fun?" What was he doing that caused the crash? He didn't just spontaneously fall over, did he? I think the bulk of the "helping to claim the life of Justin Sawyer" falls on Justin Sawyer and his friends who were with him when he crashed.

If anyone ever did that in a private sector, they would be out of a job the next day.
Bullsh*t. I am so sick of the private sector crap. I know plenty of people that have committed offenses (Domestics, drugs, OUI, etc...) that would have gotten a Police Officer fired and kept their "private sector" jobs.

everyone needs to be held reliable in this world. And Trooper Peasley needs to be held responsible for his actions - and it's time to show him exactly what he helped cause.
I agree. Now Tpr Peasley gets suspended for 2 weeks, loses several thousand dollars, gets his name dragged through the mud...All for a moment of unprofessional behavior. Meanwhile, no one wants to talk about why this kid died, the REAL reason. How did the crash happen? Did Trooper Peasley ram him with a cruiser? Tpr Peasley's words, while reprehensible, did NOTHING to further injure this person.

A 15 day suspension is just a slap on the wrist for this state trooper.
Do you have any idea what you are writing? Do you have a CLUE?

We, the undersigned, want to see Trooper Peasley removed from his position, and be let go completely from the police department. It would add much closure for the Sawyer family, as well as thousands of people across the nation.
It's called misplaced anger. This family is upset about the death of their son, and understandably so. Now they have someone to fixate their anger on, when truthfully, their anguish was caused for the most part by their son's driving behavior. I am sorry he died, but HE must be held responsible for HIS behavior as well. If he was still alive and the Trooper had said those things, they would not be nearly as upset. It was his careless actions that caused the whole tragedy. Sorry if I'm not up for giving some false sense of "closure" by unjustly ruining another man's life.

·
Subscribing Member
1,322 Posts
matthewcannata,

The below satement is taken directly from the masscpos.com registration page:

MassCops is a law enforcement message board intended for sworn and civilian law enforcement officials and those interested in pursuing a career in law enforcement. MassCops is focused on the law enforcement community serving the citizens of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts this site ("www.masscops.com") is for your personal information, education and entertainment. MassCops is a "PRO POLICE" site and will not tolerate any posts that are in anyway anti-law enforcement, police etc... In other words, advocates need not apply!

With that said this thread is done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.