CT. Officer Charge After Killing Two In Crash | MassCops

CT. Officer Charge After Killing Two In Crash

Discussion in 'Police News Articles' started by Inspector, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Inspector

Inspector Subscribing Member

2. cc3915

cc3915 Well-Known Member Staff Member

I saw the video of this. Not good.

3. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

4. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

Holy crap.. Bad bad bad.. Hate saying it but there's no way to justify that and defend him from going to jail..

5. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

One story says he was responding to a "non-emergency call" and the other says he was responding to a mutual aid call for a "riot in progress" I can see going lights and sirens, but 94 MPH ????... I feel for the family of the teens and the officer and his family. This will change their lives forever.

6. MetrowestPD

MetrowestPD MassCops Member

Waste of lives and a career. I agree with the part of the first comment, this video should be shown to every academy recruit.

7. dcs2244

dcs2244 Moderator Staff Member

The Airbag Control Module and PCM will tell the tale, even if there was no video. Everyone that drives a CV, Chevrolet, or MoPar should take due notice thereof and govern themselves accordingly. Remember to wear Mr. Seatbelt, too.

8. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

9. Simon

Simon Guest

WOW..

10. xman66

xman66 MassCops Member

It's sad to see that.be careful out there.

11. mpr4601

mpr4601 MassCops Member

That's awful. I try and remember things like this when I'm pushing the pedal through the floor on an actual hot call. What a waste.

12. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

There would be virtually no way to judge the closing space from a car coming at you that fast.

13. Sarge31

Sarge31 MassCops Member

Thoughts and prayers go out to all involved. Very sad situation.

14. kttref

kttref New Member

This officer used to work in my PD...left about 6 months before I got hired (I may have gotten his spot)...here is what I know:

I feel horrible for him. And these kids were shown in such a good light...yet the only pictures they could find of the two made them look trashy, slutty, and high. No one, on either side, deserves this...but it happened. I watched the video and will not watch it again - I learned my lesson...I just hope everyone else learns from this tragedy too. Unfortunately I can guarantee the friends of the kids in the oncoming car don't learn shit. That pisses me off.

15. Simon

Simon Guest

Thanks Kate. Juss lookin' out for a sistah....

16. kttref

kttref New Member

You're right. But I feel better I got it off my chest.