Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CT COMBINATION PLATES

Anybody remember how to run these plates on the LEAPS, I can't remember...

·
MassCops Member
132 Posts
Re: CT COMBINATION PLATES

You can't run CT Comb plates on Ma LEAPS. We call Enfield, CT PD (860-763-8911) and they run them for us, tout de suite.

·
Subscribing Member
459 Posts

Anything like RI comb plates? If you run the plate number, then plate type 'cm' it works.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Run them with ZZ as the type. Sometimes they come back sometimes they don't. When they don't come back we usually call CSP and they are more than helpful

·
Subscribing Member
885 Posts

Hey, not sure how much it matters, but a friend of mine was a Summer police officer in RI, and I clearly rememebr him telling me that when he was running a CT CMB plate, they had to call by phone to CT to get the listing, and that a FT officer told him that if they didnt pay, it'de just dissapear becasue there was no computerized way to go after them (sus reg or non-rennual status)... BUUTTTT thats RI, so.. no comment

·
Registered
4,172 Posts

That's CT for you: Anybody want an income tax? "I do, I do!" :shock: ...and they still have to hand search their special plates!

·
Registered
131 Posts

I Know it seems like the long way around it but I have been dispatching for 4 years and find that the fastest way to run a CT Combination plate is by the VIN#. This has always worked for me.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts

dcs2244";p="33844 said:
That's CT for you: Anybody want an income tax? "I do, I do!" :shock: ...and they still have to hand search their special plates!
Hey now, play nice :) It may be difficult, but when I get on CSP (fingers crossed) I'll tell you all how to do it.

CT Comb. plates are kind of rediculous. Quite honestly it makes a few people in CT mad. Like, my father got pulled over on the Teconic (in NY) because he had a comb. plate, and they aren't allowed on the Teconic (of course my father found out the hardway...). But SUV's are not issued Comb. plates, just trucks and big vans (to the best of my limited knoweldge).

·
Registered
4,172 Posts

Nothing against CT...After my family helped to found Hartford and Bridgewater, we escaped to NY...after the idiots overan CT!

A note to CT drivers: I have stopped many CT drivers for failure to be in the right-most lane, i.e., they were in the left lane. Their "excuse" has unswervingly been that they were "preparing for their exit".

Clue: Aside from north/south and east/west lane splits, there is only one left-lane-exit (that I'm aware of) in MA: Allston/Brighton off the Turnpike Extension...since that is over 100 miles from Rt 91/291/57/391, GET OUT OF THE LEFT LANE!

Sorry...I now return you to your regularly scheduled topic... 8)

·
Subscribing Member
58 Posts

But SUV's are not issued Comb. plates, just trucks and big vans (to the best of my limited knoweldge).
Nope

Stopped a kid on Wednesday in a Chevy Tahoe (SUV) with Conn combination plates. His Mass license status was suspended :oops:

·
Subscribing Member
885 Posts

dcs2244";p="49728 said:
Nothing against CT...After my family helped to found Hartford and Bridgewater, we escaped to NY...after the idiots overan CT!

A note to CT drivers: I have stopped many CT drivers for failure to be in the right-most lane, i.e., they were in the left lane. Their "excuse" has unswervingly been that they were "preparing for their exit".

Clue: Aside from north/south and east/west lane splits, there is only one left-lane-exit (that I'm aware of) in MA: Allston/Brighton off the Turnpike Extension...since that is over 100 miles from Rt 91/291/57/391, GET OUT OF THE LEFT LANE!

Sorry...I now return you to your regularly scheduled topic... 8)
Exit 4 off rt 3 in plymouth :)

but they're limmited...

And other that that stupid HOV lane on 84, there arent many in CT that ive seen either other than highway interchanges...

CT: Home of SUV driving soccer moms taking up my high speed comute late while on their cell phone

If any of you remember, i asked about brake-checking, it happens to me in CT a lot. yes I ride their butt, but they seem to forget that at 11am, not everyone is going to meet thier fellow rich friends at starbucks, some people are working, and going 60 in the HSL is not acceptable for todays busy hussle and bussle of corporate america.... bastards... haha

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts

PatrolDan said it right at the start of the thread, run it as a ZZ where you would normally put PC or whatever. It has worked for me when I have run a CT Combination.
I'm not only club president, I'm also a client!

·
1,952 Posts
CT Combination Plates

Ok, this doesn't make sense to me. How can MA not have a way to run plates from other states. I have tried at my job and unsuccessful, another job they say the same, there is no way a MA dept can run a CT COMB plate. Anyone know anything here?

I called a buddy who's cousin is in the CSP and they use codes such as 01,02,03 etc rather than PC, CM, etc. Does Field Services have a website or contact email. Not something I want to call about. They were nasty as hell when I called about the INS query....

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
I have had the same problem in the past, the only way I know to run them is to call CSP or another CT agency and have them do it for you.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Re: CT Combination Plates

Yeah...I don't know of any way either except to call CSP. But here is another question. Someone once told me there was a way to run Canadian plates on a Q2 ONE screen so that you can avoid the Canadian Interface...I have only ever run them on the CI...any info on this Q2 ONE code if it does indeed exist???

·
Registered
3 Posts

CT Combination plates can be checked for status by running the VIN. Under the Q2 screen, and placing CT in the state.

·
Registered
294 Posts

You can also try "ZZ" as the plate type. This usually gives you all plate types with the same digits.

I know CT combo plates are always a pain but there is a code for them somewhere (I just can't remember it right now) :? It has been a long time but maybe I just used the vin (as mentioned above) in the past...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts