Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any departments out there looking to change there color scheme. If anybody is can you email the design to me. Also would anybody have any problems with their administration in changing their color scheme. I would also like to know what types and ho wmany cruisers your department has. Thanks Stay safe

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
We changed ours over the summer...

Old......

New.....

MHQ did the work, we voted on it although everyone I know voted for traditional black and white, hmmm somthing fishy here

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
I was checking on the homeless and the light was just right 8)

·
Registered
26 Posts
We just changed from all white with blue stripe to all black. They look sharpe compared to white but citizens are complaining because it is hard to recongnize the cruisers. I will post a pic when I get one

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
It's actually dark blue (almost purple) and white, I myself prefer the LAPD style paint scheme but I don't make the big decisions 8)

·
Registered
410 Posts
:arrow: Same here, Gil. Can't beat the black-n-white. A timeless classic, just like MPD 61s '51 Subaru, w/the luxury package. How my pal Mikey T. doing??? Tell him Pappy says hello. 8)

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
I will have some pics tomorrow of our 2004 Expedition, bikes and new cruisers we are doing a photo shoot for some LE design contest.

40th, Mike is fine, He is my partner on the eastside most nights. Great guy, Taunton's loss :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Gil how come the bikes are black and the cars white. We have the opposite problem, we have black cruisers and white bikes. I like the darker color bikes, they look sharp.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
I think the guys that make up the bike team wanted black.

·
Registered
89 Posts
First question: Are the Babson cars several different colors with that paint scheme?

Second question: GIl, how come the Attleboro crown vics don't have push bars?

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,657 Posts
One of the Cruisers patrols the "Olin" part of the property and Olin payed for that vehicle separately I believe.
8)

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
DC813 said:
Second question: GIl, how come the Attleboro crown vics don't have push bars?
Because we have tow trucks to do that job. :wink: The Expeditions have push bars. There has been talk of it but as far as I know only the trucks are going to have them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I dont like the new cruisers at Babson. I dont like white cruisrs they are to plan. Even though our department has them we are trying to change them. Perfect example is Somerville PD, they are trying to change there color of their cars for a good/funny reason. Their cars are white and look similar to the taxi company in their city. They have people jumping in their backseats when they are stopped at light or whereever. NOw tell me is that safe, I think not. It is time to go back to either black and white or a solid color for the cruisers. Enough with the officer friendly crap.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.