Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any links for police cruiser equipment (i.e. blues, strobes etc.) besides Gall's?

I'm getting a new unmarked & "the job" has no money to buy NEW up to date lights. It's either pay for it myself or have a single red & blue halogen rear deck light. (Not good for details)

·
2,297 Posts
Undercover Lights

Getting a new unmarked? When is the cruiser issue happening? Or it is "New to you"?? About time, the unmarked fleet is horrible!

G

·
Undercover Lights

Have you tried Adamson Industies in Lawrence? Or Alcomm in Revere. Adamsons has better prices, personally I would use Adamsons there prices are much better. Also you can check these web sites out and see compare there prices as well.

www.strobeguy.com www.strobesupply.com

Good Luck.

·
MassCops Member
103 Posts
Undercover Lights

Did you try M-H-Q in Marlborough? Their telephone number is 508-485-2800. They have all the toys you would be looking for.

G

·
Undercover Lights

I almost forgot about MHQ, they do have a great selection and they have alot on display to actually see the product in work mode. However they are pricy, I'm not debating that all the other place are no good there all great choices, but Admansons has the best deals ( in my opinion).

The guys at Alcomm are great guys I know them all personally, but they are more expensive and most things have to be ordered as opposed to Adamsons ( and MHQ) where they have a much higher in stock volume.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Undercover Lights

I would agree with mt1 - eBay definitely has the best deals, as long as you are confident that you can handle installation on your own. This seller has consistently seemed to post the best deals: http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=23153197

Adamson is great, I have dealt with them before. They even stayed open late one night waiting for me while I sat in traffic in the fine city of Lawrence! Highly recommended.

MHQ has lots of toys, but I have heard stories of people having difficulty purchasing things from them on their own -- they prefer to deal with departments themselves. I have personally never been there.

No matter what you go with, congrats on the new wheels! :cool:

-Mike

·
Registered
665 Posts
Undercover Lights

Some good web sites are::: sirennet.com
southwest public safety.. both with great prices. a.w. direct has some lights,, pricy, located in c.t.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Undercover Lights

Hi Guys,

I reccommend Alcomm in Revere, they may be more expensive but you can't beat the quality or service.

Thanks for listening,
Mikefo

·
Registered
665 Posts
Undercover Lights

Hey all, I have been a member for a while I just did'nt post alot! I would use EBAY! I just bought strobe lights for my Personal and they were real cheep and work well!! They don't sell things with blue colors so I bought them at MHQ!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Undercover Lights

I just bought lights off ebay to! Their gread! I saved a ton of money to! Just make shore you us certified checks or it takes for ever!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Undercover Lights

I have also bought equipment (and sold some) on Ebay. So far, I have had very good luck and haven't been taken. I have heard many Ebay horror stories though. Just be careful, and check out the feedback on a seller before you buy anything.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Undercover Lights

E-Bay is great for price, but make sure you get something that is a well known name (Whelen, etc.) I ordered a single strobe unit for the dash of my marked cruiser, but it was a no-name foreign job, and it's not the greatest thing.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Undercover Lights

If you type in police on ebay under search I found a new blauer cruiser jacket real cheap! They had a bunch of stupied stuff to like spam stickers and MPA stickers for 10 dollers each!! And dept. patches for 5 dollers and I thought it was funny people would buy such stupied things to look like their on the job!!

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Re: MHQ & Graphics

kmf294 said:
I have dealt with both Adamson Industries and MHQ both are top shelf!!. If you go to MHQ ask for a guy named Larry Christianson, real good guy.
Just don't get them to apply any graphics to your cars, they applied the new graphics to our 6 new cars and I have to say at first glance the cars look great but after a few weeks and paying more attention to detail they did a poor job on the application.

Decals are already starting to peel, some areas look like it was a puzzle and they did a lousy job fixing their mistakes, air bubbles and creases throughout the layout.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Re: Undercover Lights

Gil,
You can try Monte's in Freetown or Plymouth County Communications in Whitman. Both are great. If you try Plymouth County ask for Wayne, he'll take care of you.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Re: Undercover Lights

Crvtte65 said:
http://www.masscops.com/apd.htm

A: Top of decal rolling over, dirt getting on adhesive and not sticking.
B: Edges peeling off because not enough overlap to the other side of door edge.
C: Air bubbles and creases throughout (mostly noticeable near door handles)
D: Misjudged length and cut too short then pieced it together with one inch strips near wheel wells.
E: Same problem with misjudging length and shape.

·
MassCops Member
103 Posts
Gil,

We just got two cars back for HMQ and we are having the same problems with the decals. I think they waxed the cars or did not clean them very well before putting on the decals :NO: . After a few dents, scratches and
missing parts who is going to notice pealing decals.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts