Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
284 Posts
We have been having big issues with our cruiser not having any power. The mechanics have screwed the department out of a lot of money trying to fix the issue, but nothing. It still only reaches 30 or 40 tops when you want to get someone.

·
Subscribing Member
284 Posts
m613 wrote:
It still only reaches 30 or 40 tops when you want to get someone.

It's not that I think you're lying, I just don't believe you.

It's ok, you don't have to believe me. It's your opinion on the subject of which i do know about, and how this vehicle is driving. Turns out our problem seems to either be a defective fuel tank or we getting really crappy gas. We had our fuel filter replaced last monday, and it's going in again today for another and hopefully to have the tank checked out.

·
Subscribing Member
284 Posts
Ok, this particular cv is a 2002 model year. I believe ive stated in some past posts that the fuel filters were changed several times, and again, was replaced last week and then today. Im going on what the admins say which is the tank must be bad. I have no clue, and got interested in this topic due to others having almost the same problems with theres.

The mechanics aren't muni's, they are the mechanics at the ford dealership. And by the sounds, they aren't the brightest bulbs. Plus both (I was told there are two) Catalytic converters were replaced.

Now to clear up the speed issue, it will go over 40, but only if you wish to baby the thing for more than 10 to 15 seconds. But it still sinds at points and then will take off again...POS! Pretty sad when you going after someone traveling 40...41 mph in a 25 and it takes 3/4 to a mile to catch up

·
Registered
22 Posts
FYI Ford dealership mechanics are idiots!!

Our 03 CV had a headlight problem (highbeams would go out whenever they wanted) car spent total of 8 hrs over 2 days at the dealer. After spending around $700+ and replacing 2/3 different parts the problem still exists.

While "poking" around under the hood one day discovered the fuse holder for the wig-wags was loose causing the intermitant problem... crimped the holder down a bit and haven't had another "blackout" since.

Leads me to believe that the dealers don't know enough about the "Interceptor" packages to efectively work on them. My opinion is take it to a local mechanical wiz or to someplace like MHQ/AMR.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts