Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
stinghornets43";p="59044 said:
Excuse the grammer and typos, I was just so excited to share this new found information with everyone.
Pretty sure its meaningless. I know someone(cant remember who) posted sometime before that they got .4 points for experience (a few years worth) which was rounded to the lowest number, making it absolutely useless. Maybe someone else can shed light on this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
EXAMPLE: A candidate, with a Written Examination Score of 80%, has 5 years (60 months) of creditable experience in the examination title. The Experience Credit is calculated by multiplying the number of months times .20 points per month. (60 X .20 = 12.0) The Experience Credit of 12.0 points is then added to the Written Examination score of 80% to get an Experience Score of 92%. The Experience Score of 92% counts as 10% of the overall mark, and the Written Examination Score counts as 90% of the overall mark. In this case, the overall mark is calculated as follows:

A. Multiply the Written Examination Score by .90: 80 X .90 = 72.0
B. Multiply the Experience score by .10: 92 X .10 = 9.2
C. Add the results from A. and B. to get the overall mark 72 + 9.2 = 81.2
D. Round the overall mark from D. to the nearest whole number: 81%

·
Registered
10 Posts
Using the above formula from the HRD Website, you'd need 2 Yrs and 1 Mnth (25mnths) to get .5 point. Then it would be rounded up (So A 90 would become a 90.5....and it would be rounded up to 91)

Correct me if I'm wrong

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.