Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyotes kill family's dog in Newbury

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  MVS 
#1 ·
http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=44536

A Newbury family's labrador retriever was killed in a coyote attack that left the 14-year-old dog surrounded by a pack of predators as he tried to make it home from his nighttime walk, the dog's owner said.

Out here in the "wild west" of MA I see coyotes all the time...it's a pretty big problem...same with bears and beavers.

Sadly in my town and surrounding, you'll see maybe a half a dozen "missing cat" posters at the food store. You KNOW those things are food.

#3 ·
the coyote population is higher throughout the whole state. I think part of the problem is the food sources are growing so they have some more stuff to snack on. I actually have a knucklehead neighbor near my cape house who actually leaves food out for them. I am just waiting for the day mr. coyote snacks on his boston terrier and then the blame game will begin

#4 ·
I think that the lack of trapping and effective hunting in MA sort of let these things go WILD (along with the availibility of food and a diminishing habitat)
Cut down a forest, put up some town houses, they coyotes are still going to be around.

the coyote population is higher throughout the whole state. I think part of the problem is the food sources are growing so they have some more stuff to snack on. I actually have a knucklehead neighbor near my cape house who actually leaves food out for them. I am just waiting for the day mr. coyote snacks on his boston terrier and then the blame game will begin

#8 ·
RPD931 @ 21 Sep 2004 11:44 said:
Sadly in my town and surrounding, you'll see maybe a half a dozen "missing cat" posters at the food store. You KNOW those things are food.
Good reason to keep your cat indoors...
Actually cats make good medium to test ballistics. Much better than gelatin. You see you take about five or six cats and wrap duct tape around em to approximate a human torso, and then you refrigerate.........................................

Ah.... Maybe you should PM me if you're interested
:roll:

#15 ·
Back in the early '90's (1990's), I was on my way home from transporting the 139's down to 1010...I was in Framingham westbound on the pike, when a flash of white came over the median barrier. My cruiser went up in the air: bump-bump! I pulled to the right to see what I had hit: it was a 50' long coyote (a couple of semi's had struck it after me). My dog, Max, the 180# rottie, was especially interested in the hair left on my push bars! The collision had occurred at approximately 0500 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.