Court Officer Woodrow Adams (Worcester) | MassCops

Court Officer Woodrow Adams (Worcester)

Discussion in 'Fundraisers & Charity Events' started by Foxy85, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Foxy85

Foxy85 MassCops Member

Good morning,

Last night, Woodrow Adams (a Court Officer at the Worcester Court) lost his grandmother and his uncle in a 5 alarm blaze in Worcester on Jaques Ave. His father was injured severely with burns, as well as a broken pelvis, as a result of jumping from the third floor to escape the fire.

Woodrow (lovingly called Woody amongst his friends and peers) isn’t just your regular Court Officer. He is well known in the city of Worcester. He donates his time to speak with troubled teens and youths about making better decisions, avoiding gang life, and encouraging them to work and go to college. Every year he also takes up donations with his non-profit to collect school supplies and backpacks for underprivileged kids throughout the city. With friends and coworkers, he distributes them before the beginning of each school year. I’m sure some of the Worcester PD guys will recognize his name, and have maybe even crossed paths with him at work, or even while he’s making his rounds throughout the city. He his without a doubt one of the most giving people I know. I can also say that I am not alone in thinking that. Since he truly gives so much to the community, I figured there’s no harm in respectfully asking for others to possibly give back to him.

I appreciate your time and I extend my personal thanks.

Adams Family Fire Relief, organized by Woodrow Adams

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  2. 02136colonel

02136colonel Supporting Member

Donation made, thanks for sharing

Sooty and Foxy85 like this.
  3. Foxy85

Foxy85 MassCops Member

Just as an update, Woody’s father passed away from his injuries incurred during the fire. Thoughts and prayers to his family!

4. Sooty

Sooty Administrator

Awful!

5. PBC FL Cop

PBC FL Cop Subscribing Member

Sorry to hear that brother!

Foxy85 likes this.
  6. Foxy85

Foxy85 MassCops Member