Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1201 - 1213 of 1213 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Listen if this independent investigator finds out about the blatant nepotism that's been going since day one i.e. heather's wife leaving the academy for 2 weeks straight and coming back to graduate and she becoming an ACCO within 3 years. Morrow and Heather better just resign now.
It would be like the probation scandal on smaller scale.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,205 ·
For anyone interested. The Court Officer position has been posted. Anyone who took the exam (ever, apparently it’s good for life) is eligible to apply.

Deadline is 7/5.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So much for the academy being under investigation, they are probably trying to squeeze another class through before shit hits the fan, if it ever does.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,207 ·
So much for the academy being under investigation, they are probably trying to squeeze another class through before shit hits the fan, if it ever does.
They still have to push forward in the hiring process. The academy itself may be delayed.

·
Registered
205 Posts
For anyone interested. The Court Officer position has been posted. Anyone who took the exam (ever, apparently it’s good for life) is eligible to apply.

Deadline is 7/5.

View attachment 10610
I guess they made it good for life so as to not dissuade applicants who might want to to reapply again later on in life. We don’t get enough applicants as it is. Not the case for the probation officer their test only good for every other exam.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,209 ·
I guess they made it good for life so as to not dissuade applicants who might want to to reapply again later on in life. We don’t get enough applicants as it is. Not the case for the probation officer their test only good for every other exam.
Which is funny because I believe it’s the same exam...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Which is funny because I believe it’s the same exam...
Yeah years ago, when the exams were first required I had a buddy who was interested in both PO and CO positions. So he had to take the exams separate, I joked with him saying the commonwealth charged him double for the same exam.

·
Registered
312 Posts
It is nice to see the starting pay is just 3 to 4 thousand dollars less than it used to be. About 10 years ago the starting pay for a CO was just under 49k. The Courts sure did manage to pull a fast one finding a way to cut the pay by $10,000.

·
Registered
205 Posts
It is nice to see the starting pay is just 3 to 4 thousand dollars less than it used to be. About 10 years ago the starting pay for a CO was just under 49k. The Courts sure did manage to pull a fast one finding a way to cut the pay by $10,000.
To justify the lower pay, the original plan was to promote a majority of ACOs to CO1s and eliminate the hiring of ACOs. Everyone off the street would be brought as CO1s start at front door security entrances/courtrooms and move up to higher levels through additional duties and reclassification. But it didn’t end up happening that way, and CO1s started in the courtrooms and lock ups.

1201 - 1213 of 1213 Posts