Court Officer / Associate Court Officer (State wide vacancies ) | Page 45 | MassCops

Court Officer / Associate Court Officer (State wide vacancies )

Discussion in 'Massachusetts Employment' started by Foxy85, Aug 23, 2013.

1. existingaccount

existingaccount MassCops Member

When do u think will be the orientation PT will we get at least 2 weeks notice

2. SRC

SRC MassCops Member

I mean I hope they will give us something, but honestly, I have no clue. Is orientation and the PT the same day or on different days?

3. fjd1075

fjd1075 MassCops Member

I know what you mean I do the Pat test for compensation every year they were about to schedule sessions but had to cancel because of this. I usually schedule a few months out and start training, going to be hard to get motivated when watching tv and eating snacks all day.

JR90 likes this.
  4. kg14

kg14 MassCops Member

They are on the same day, orientation in the AM you bring a bagged lunch to eat and take the cooper test right after. They try to give 2 weeks notice but the last academy cycles they were so unorganized they didn’t even have a tentative start date at the orientation and things got moved around constantly. Look at the standards and get to practicing ASAP. Run outside, do pushups in the house ect. You get 1 time to pass everything at once. Also don’t put your two weeks in, Ive heard horror stories about people quitting their old jobs once getting the orientation date only to be told that they can’t report to academy day one for something (ie failing the PT test, medical ect).

5. existingaccount

Date?

6. fjd1075

fjd1075 MassCops Member

No on knows. My guess is until they have an idea of the fiscal picture you won’t hear for awhile.

kg14 likes this.
  7. SRC

SRC MassCops Member

I was under the impression that we are supposed be dressed in suit for orientation. Is that correct? If so, are we supposed to bring a change of clothes for the PT Test? Where is orientation usually held?

8. fjd1075

fjd1075 MassCops Member

It is done in at Westover air reserve base, though online it says the academy is New Braintree but it has not been updated yet.

9. existingaccount

Man good luck to all of us hopeful's. Hopefully we all get in and we can leave this thread lol

10. fjd1075

fjd1075 MassCops Member

You guys will it just is a question of when, they just postponed the Court Officer exam to October. Whoever has completed the process and has a tentative offer, has to be considered first before next group of candidates apply after they take the exam in October.

11. kg14

kg14 MassCops Member

Yes and if you have facial hair make sure it’s gone. Also make sure you read the court officer recruit manual (should be on mass.gov) so you get a feel on how the academy is.

12. existingaccount

Academy would have started next week Monday

SRC likes this.
  13. Javert

Javert MassCops Member

Run, don’t walk FAR away from the ACO job. What’s new with Connolly? What seat is barley holding up his worthless, fat ass these days?

kg14 and Tuna like this.
  14. fjd1075

fjd1075 MassCops Member

He and Morrow will probably be retiring in a few years around the same time. It will be interesting to see if new leadership will come from within the department or someone new from the outside.

15. kg14

kg14 MassCops Member

I have a feeling it will be internal. If it’s Broulette prepare to see a mass exodus/retirement.

16. fjd1075

fjd1075 MassCops Member

17. kg14

kg14 MassCops Member

I’m hearing rumors that the academy is scrapped for the rest of the year, they want to do 2 large ones next year. Not sure how they are going to pull that off since we are already so short staffed.

18. existingaccount

Yup I got the email this morning

19. fjd1075

fjd1075 MassCops Member

An email came from nage saying that they are anticipating staff reductions lay offs and retirement incentives. Buy the time the economy bounces back we will be down so many.

20. existingaccount

21. Foxy85

Foxy85 MassCops Member

Last fiscal crisis there was a hiring freeze for 4 years and this one is probably one of the worst the state has seen.

22. fjd1075

fjd1075 MassCops Member

We were a lot more prepared during the last crisis and had much more security staff in place then we do now. Once hiring does resume having academies with 20 only graduating isn’t go to cut it. Whoever is In charge then is going to have to make some changes. That was something the union brought to up management when they implemented this acadeny should we come across hard times like now.

kg14 likes this.
  23. existingaccount

Damn. .. smh mad disappointed

24. wrangler

wrangler MassCops Member

Just sucks the State intentionaly ruined the economy which I dont think was necessary

kg14, Roy Fehler and JR90 like this.
  25. cal1nu

cal1nu MassCops Member

How many total Court Officer academies has Trial Court had as of today? Can someone list the start date of each academy in month/year format?