Court Officer / Associate Court Officer (State wide vacancies ) | Page 20 | MassCops

Court Officer / Associate Court Officer (State wide vacancies )

Discussion in 'Massachusetts Employment' started by Foxy85, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Tiponice

Tiponice MassCops Member

Thanks.

2. SouthernDaddy

SouthernDaddy MassCops Member

The DT's are just trying to prove a point. Yelling at you and stuff like that. If you ever been to the military it will be a joke to you...lol

sig likes this.
  3. humm88

humm88 MassCops Member

I never heard. Has anyone else not heard a thing since the email on how to prepare, etc?

4. SouthernDaddy

Go too the mass trial court website site and it will tell you all the stuff you need to bring and what to expect while at the Academy...good luck

5. gobruins

gobruins MassCops Member

I haven't heard anything at all either I have given up hope oh well

6. SouthernDaddy

Make sure you check your spam/junk email

7. SouthernDaddy

Folks from outside are getting calls for interviews. I guess so many drop out the first academy so they might be trying toreplace that #. A friend of mines has her interview on Wednesday for CO1. Has anybody heard about a Sept Academy?????

Tiponice and sig like this.
  8. Tiponice

Tiponice MassCops Member

Sweet. There still so hope lol

9. Javert

Javert MassCops Member

Stopped off end of week 1...you should have seen em. Typical: old, over weight, disgusting. The top of the list after a long and hard search they said. Gross....fucking joke

wrangler and SouthernDaddy like this.
  10. EJS12213

EJS12213 MassCops Member

Heard they lost around 7 people and there has been rumors about an Sept or Oct academy.

SouthernDaddy likes this.
  11. SouthernDaddy

They brung the new cadets to our Courthouse in Springfield. Javert, when I saw them, I was like, what the HELL am I looking at. This is the best they got from folks from the outside....smfh....

12. SouthernDaddy

well I heard it started at 37, 5 didn't even showed up. Then more drop out because of the physical fitness then it went to 24. Now I heard this is the last week and 3 more didn't pass the last physical fitness test.....this is crazy

13. EJS12213

EJS12213 MassCops Member

That's why you have the PAT test before the academy. Much like every other agency does. The TC has no idea what they are doing.

mpd61, Ghost12345 and SouthernDaddy like this.
  14. wrangler

wrangler MassCops Member

Will there be another test any time soon. I missed that last one.

15. northern

northern MassCops Member

Academy is finally over, thank god....time to to go to work

SouthernDaddy likes this.
  16. bigfoot1120

bigfoot1120 MassCops Member

Yea that six week academy must have been brutal. :rolleyes:

17. northern

northern MassCops Member

Believe it or not, it was and the family goes thru it too, homework, essays on the weekend ---it wasn't easy

18. Javert

Javert MassCops Member

I honestly hope your never involved with any real LE training. We couldn't have put you thru a more painless, rushed and pencil whipped program. "Family goes thru it too"? Tell that to a guy from a RTT or someone from the T.

mtc likes this.
  19. bigfoot1120

bigfoot1120 MassCops Member

Oh come on the 20+ rtt academy is a joke compared to the rigorous 6 week court officer academy...

20. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

Did they issue knee pads and chapstick during the 6 weeks or does that happen at your final duty station?

21. SouthernDaddy

Well the 2nd academy starts next week and cadets have already drop out.....smfh....the trc mess up with this one

22. EJS12213

EJS12213 MassCops Member

23. Tiponice

Tiponice MassCops Member

Who's with me? LOL

Dear .....,

Thank you for taking the time to interview for the position of Court Officer with the Massachusetts Trial Court. This was a very competitive process, and unfortunately, you will not be moving on to the next round of interviews at this time.

Your application will be kept on file for one year from the posting date. It is anticipated that the exam results will be valid until such time as the exam or the job duties of a Court Officer change. Since you have taken and passed the Court Officer entrance exam, if the Court Officer position is posted while your exam results are still valid, you may apply and go through the screening process again without having to take the exam again.

We appreciate your interest in the Massachusetts Trial Court and wish you success in your career search.

Regards,

The Human Resources Department

24. Webb

Webb MassCops Member

I didn't even get that.:D

Tiponice likes this.
  25. Hoppy12

Hoppy12 MassCops Member

Holding a Bachelors in CJ with a minor, 5 years of security all of it in healthcare or supervisory positions, a year and 1/2 of R/I academy and special police experience , I got a rejection letter saying they had many "qualified" applicants and i was not accepted. This slightly after getting my conditional for a full time PD offer. It was followed by and "oops we violated state law" letter INVITING me to PAY to take a test for the position the just turned me down that i was well qualified for...

Added. Heres my text from my GFYS letter
    1/29/14
    "
    Thank you for your application for the position of Court Officer for Hampden County with the Massachusetts Trial Court.
    The Trial Court received over to 2,000 applications for this position, with over 1000 meeting the minimum requirements as outlined in the Job Posting.
    In order to get to a manageable number of applicants to interview, it was necessary to apply additional screening criteria of education and years of specific security experience well above the minimum requirements. Although you meet the minimum requirements for the position, after applying the additional criteria, you were not selected for an interview at this time. Your application will be kept on file for one year from the closing date should additional vacancies occur.
    Our apologies for the delay in notifying you of the status of your application.
    Be sure to visit our website regularly for future job opportunities at: www.mass.gov/courts/jobs.
    We appreciate your interest in the Massachusetts Trial Court and wish you success in your career search.
    Regards,
    The Human Resources Department"

Followed by

"
    "You are receiving this email because you have applied for a Court Officer position in the past year with the Massachusetts Trial Court.
    The Trial Court has announced the exam date and opened online registration for the entry exam required to establish eligibility for the position of Court Officer. The exam for Court Officer eligibility will be on July 19th, 2014, and will be conducted at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center on Summer Street in Boston. The standard registration deadline is May 7th and an $80 fee will apply. Late registrants will pay a fee of $130 to register through May 14th.
    Please visit the Massachusetts Trial Court Employment page at www.mass.gov/courts/jobs to view the full announcement and instructions on how to register.
    Please be sure to read the announcement fully. You must take and pass this exam to be eligible for any Court Officer position. Passing the Court Officer Examination alone does not guarantee that you will receive an interview. Persons who apply to a Court Officer job posting after passing this examination must also meet the eligibility minimum requirements for this position in order to be considered for appointment.
    Regards,
    The Human Resources Department"

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    Tiponice likes this.