Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1213 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Cowboy, I hope you put in for this job you never know. Plus you don't need to already be academy trained. As always good luck bro

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Here I'll ask the stupid questions just to get them out of the way.

Ch90? Take homes? Arrest powers?

Sorry couldn't help myself.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Super Moderator
7,149 Posts
Here I'll ask the stupid questions just to get them out of the way.

Ch90? Take homes? Arrest powers?

Sorry couldn't help myself.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
They actually have police powers on courthouse property. Sad thing is they still don't have no stinkin' guns...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
80 Posts
If the Trial Court had over 1500 applicants last year when they posted for ACO and only hired 90 total out of that, I wonder how many applicants they are going to have for ACO and now CO. I applied for 3 different county's. I wish i knew how many they are going to hired this time around.This should be fun..lol

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,473 Posts
What a hell of a way to finish off your years of working. M-F, DAYS, INSIDE. I love my job, but I'm getting old and I want more opportunities to be on TV leading around prisoners.

Ok, before court officers start screaming at me, I'm not saying it's an easy job, it's just...M-F, DAYS, INSIDE and a nice paycheck to boot.

·
Registered
91 Posts
What do these folks max out at and how many years do you have to put in to retire? 20
What's the ot like here? None to very little?

Next time I'm in BMC I will try and find out these guys always look kind of miserable except for the ones down stairs in the Sally port their usually cool

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,715 Posts
Anyone know what retirement system the probation officers fall under?
Not sure, but be wicked surprised if they were NOT under the Golden Group 4

·
Registered
312 Posts
Anyone know what retirement system the probation officers fall under?
Same as CO'S group 2. Been trying for group 4 for a while.

FOR CO'S
NO: guns, tazers, ch90, hats, group 4, overtime(instead comp time towards paid time off), cruisers, vests, arrest powers off property.

YES: Arrest powers(limited to court property only), group 2, cuffs and radio only, 2 week academy only(looking at increasing length), 6 months probationary period. nights, weekends and holidays off.

CO START PAY: $48,158 Current max: $73,302
http://www.nage.org/state/TrialCourt/Local458.shtml CO and ACO salary charts.
http://www.nage.org/state/TrialCourt/Local229.shtml PO salary chart.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Just to clarify the specifics...

COs have ALL the powers of a Police Officer on and "about the areas of the court". Every full moon or so a CO does have to run off court property to arrest someone. Its VERY rare, see MGL 221 S 70A (powers of a CO). Also "about the areas of" has never been clarified or argued.

We are the only court agency that is 100% unarmed and that is sad. But I'll say our new director (former chief of staff of the NCIS) and a few of us have already had a few good talks and we may just see some good changes over the next few years. Good luck to all!!

·
Duke of Campus Police
510 Posts
Just to clarify the specifics...

COs have ALL the powers of a Police Officer on and "about the areas of the court".
Every full moon or so a CO does have to run off court property to arrest someone.
We are the only court agency that is 100% unarmed and that is sad. But I'll say our new director (former chief of staff of the NCIS) and a few of us have already had a few good talks and we may just see some good changes over the next few years. Good luck to all!!
Just make sure you have a ticket book for CH.90, cuz your buddies (Magistrates) may toss some ULIARS arrests without a citation. And hopefully those changes come sooner than the next few years!
o_O

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone know if they are still hiring for these positions? After checking the website I found no mention for any Court Officers.

1 - 20 of 1213 Posts