Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
I was told only 8 dropped for the first day and on Tuesday 4 went to medical from PT/heat related problems. I do not know if they returned back.

·
Subscribing Member
456 Posts
The count on deck as of Tuesday is 176 and FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Subscribing Member
456 Posts
Ahh...the lovely sumsets of New Braintree. Just think, if you are lucky enough to be in Alpha building, you get the panoramic view of the pioneer valley.

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,841 Posts
42... :shock: is that a week one record? That is seriously weak... WEAK! That makes me hella mad... waste of spots...
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't know if they were all voluntary drops, I spoke to a buddy of mine that is in the class and he didn't say. He just gave me the number.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a few questions for you knowledgeable gentelmen. I was in the "spare parts" pool for the 78th and got the call to report with the other spares. Due to the way the cards fell in the last week, i had to decline and defer to the 79th. First...does the fact that i was in the backup pool mean that i will be at the top of the list for next Feb? Second, will i have to go through all the pre-class excercises again, i.e. oral interviews, PT test and pshyc tests again, along with another background check......or do they use what i have already done? Best of luck to all the guys who are in next week. Thanks

·
Subscribing Member
885 Posts
fore2213";p="68137 said:
I have a few questions for you knowledgeable gentelmen. I was in the "spare parts" pool for the 78th and got the call to report with the other spares. Due to the way the cards fell in the last week, i had to decline and defer to the 79th.
I have absolutetly no clue. But thank you for not taking up a prescious spot only to drop out in a few weeks becasue you're a greedy f***!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Unless someone close to you died, I don't really see "the way the cards fell" as a excuse for not being ready to go. I mean, really, what "all of a sudden" occured that you couldn't go. I'm not going to pretend to know what your excuse might be, it may be legit, but the way you replied makes it suspicous. You went through the whole process, missed all those days of work, and dropped. No offense, but if someone real close to you didn't die, I hope to god your last on the list for deffering, especially going that far into the process and wasting a spot for someone who SHOULD be there. Like I said, I don't know why you deffered, but excuses are like as--oles, everybody has one. Put it this way, I wouldn't want to work with you if it's a sh---y excuse. If I'm wrong, like I said, the way you made it sound like is a pathetic excuse. My apologizes. My 2 cents

·
Registered
63 Posts
One of our fireman leaves for New Braintree next week, he was on the alternate list and got the order to show up.We lost a P.D. dipatcher as well,both headed to join the 78th

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the reply Dogma. By the way, if you are not busy next wednesday around 7am, are you available to drive me the Brigham and Womans Hospital?? I will be having my "EXCUSE" removed. This whole process was a blessing because my "EXCUSE " was found in an early stage. I found out about it last Tuesday......and even after i found out, i still did my 6 mile run thinking i could still get to the class. Deffering was one of the hardest things i ever had to do!!!! So im sorry no one died to satisfy what in your mind qualifies as a quality "EXCUSE" But i will still be able to get into the 79th AND be around to watch my daughter graduate high school in 12 years. I do admire and understand your passion for this system to work properly and that the best get a shot....but im sure you know the old addage....."walk in a mile in my shoes before you judge me". So aside from all that, hope someone can answer my original questions.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Wow...How stupid do you geeks feel?...You two jumped all over him....I have more respect for someone who realizes they arent ready and takes up a spot vs. someone who goes in half ass and drops out..Furthermore it's none of your business what he decided to as it's a job.. Hopefully if you get called you will have the fortune and good luck to be healthy, and have family health so that you can get through it. Until then shut your pieholes

1 - 20 of 131 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.