Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
Hey, the old bag jumped on the officer's back -- I think using the taser may have been a bit extreme for a person her age, but I wasn't there so I can't really say for sure.

She more than likely would have ended up face down in her petunias though if it were me!

·
Subscribing Member
1,209 Posts
Hark-----I hear the sound of a civil lawsuit..... :roll: :icon_hum:

I can only imagaine the locker room ribbings..........."Hey Johnson, you drive by the senior center call for back up, them grannys are vicious." :lol: :eek:t:

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
We think it's amusing, but I'll bet a lot of us can tell a story or two about 'seasoned citizens': many seem to believe that their age excuses their conduct. I guess that old saw about 'second childhood' is pretty close to the mark.

In any event, perhaps in the future that granny will stick to greeting people at Walmart instead of attacking the lower-than-whale-s**t cops. Hope they put her in for a "competency" road test! Pity she didn't have a pace maker. :twisted:

·
Czar of Cyncism and Satire
2,070 Posts
While my POS computer can't bring up the story, I wouldn't second guess any cop in that type of situation. Some old bag flipping out can be quite a handfull. I took a shoe to the back of the noggin a few years back from a great grandmother who took exception to me locking up her great grandson and she was about 66 years old herself. Hell, my mom is in her 70's and I dount give her an ounce of s#it unles I want to see the back of her hand up close, again.

Of course, it's easy to give these cops some grief in the locker room but let's not forget those 2 kind Deputy's who front-handcuffed that nice 84 year old gentleman a few years back. He repaid their kindness by reaching through to the front seat and shooting both in the back of the head.

Just cause they are old, doesn't mean they can't scrap. Food for thought.

·
2,297 Posts
I arrested an 80+ year old guy for Failure to stop. I flipped to stop the car, he keeps going and I call in a pursuit. I chase him for several miles, he stops at a house and starts trucking for the door. I realize at that point he's old, but I assume he's plastered or something, so I try to talk to him but he just tells me to piss off. I got in front of him, and he tried to push past me. At that point I tell him he's under arrest, but he keeps going. I grab his arm, and he tries to pull away and lets out this weird scream and I let go. Same thing about 4 times. Finally, his daughter comes out and want to know what the h*ll is going on, so I explain to her and she's yelling "Stop it, dad." I finally got him cuffed, and he claims he thought my cruiser was "a fire truck" so he just kept going. :roll:

The Judge was pretty pissed and claimed it was "obvious he couldn't hear or see the cruiser" despite his admission. His defense was that he needs a hearing aid to hear and a special ointment to see and he had used neither, so he was deaf and blind behind the wheel. The Judge bought it.

I love Massachusetts.

2 of the guys who worked with me also had a 70+ year old who after being stopped for speeding refused to give his License and registration and locked on to the steering wheel so they had to pepper spray him and use their batons to arrest him. When he was back at the station, the Lt asked him "why?" and his response was "I just wanted to get arrested to know what it feels like".

Old people can be weird sometimes.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I was just reading a catalog that had a combo taser/pepper spray device for sale. A "twofer"! If you add an alcohol vehicle for the pepper, flame-on: a hatrick!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.