·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cops probed for making kids do pushups

Mayor: Four officers under investigation

Updated: Monday, 26 Nov 2012, 10:19 AM EST
Published : Monday, 26 Nov 2012, 10:19 AM EST
NORTH PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) -- The mayor of North Providence says four officers are being investigated for making two juveniles do push-ups as punishment for knocking down mailboxes.
WPRO-AM reports that Friday's incident was videotaped and posted on YouTube, but has since been pulled.
Mayor Charles Lombardi tells the station the officers pulled the two juveniles over and thought the best way to reprimand them was for them to do push-ups on the side of the road. He says the officers took the law into their own hands and calls it unacceptable and nauseating.
Lombardi says he wants the officers suspended.
He tells the station, "You can't fix stupid. I think that's the only explanation here."

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mom: Cops taught my son a lesson

Officers made teens do push-ups as punishment

Updated: Monday, 26 Nov 2012, 2:58 PM EST
Published : Monday, 26 Nov 2012, 10:19 AM EST
NORTH PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) -- The mother of one of the teenagers forced, by police, to do push-ups as punishment for knocking down mailboxes is coming to the defense of the officers involved. However, the mayor is not amused.
The incident, which was captured on video, happened Friday.
North Providence Mayor Charles Lombardi says the officers' decision to take the law into their own hands was unacceptable and now he wants the four officers involved suspended.
"You can't fix stupid. I think that's the only explanation here," Lombardi said on 630 WPRO-AM Monday morning.
Meanwhile, the mother of 18-year-old Richard Marchione, one of the teenagers involved in the incident, doesn't agree with the mayor.
"The cop did wrong but I'm glad he tried to teach my son a lesson. Personally, I don't think he should be suspended," Corinne Marchione told Eyewitness Monday.
Richard Marchione was the driver of the vehicle police pulled over.

·
Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com
2,963 Posts
Back in the day, I had a problem with skateboarders on my beat. I got a multi-tool wrench. and in lieu of a fine or confiscation, I would remove just one wheel from the board and send Jr on his way- The kid or most likely his parent would have to spring for a new set of wheels (can't replace 1 because of wear), and he couldn't skate there for the rest of the day. Problem solved! It ended when the neighborhood association demanded to know what we did to get rid of the skaters...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh well .. Every day I log on here and read a story that makes me lose hope for our future. No more discretion or warnings since all that seems to do is bite us in the behind .

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Back in the day, I had a problem with skateboarders on my beat. I got a multi-tool wrench. and in lieu of a fine or confiscation, I would remove just one wheel from the board and send Jr on his way- The kid or most likely his parent would have to spring for a new set of wheels (can't replace 1 because of wear), and he couldn't skate there for the rest of the day. Problem solved! It ended when the neighborhood association demanded to know what we did to get rid of the skaters...
Sadly, these days you would be charged with larceny by IA and they would likely try to fire you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 47 Posts