1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cops bust parolee for gun, drug stash
By Marie Szaniszlo
Sunday, March 20, 2005 - Updated: 12:43 AM EST

Police arrested two Boston men, one a recent parolee, early yesterday after pulling over a speeding car containing a large stash of drugs, money and a loaded handgun.
MBTA Officer Joseph Ryan was headed south on Interstate 95 shortly after midnight while working a detail for the commuter rail when a car sped by him at about 90 mph, police said.
Ryan activated his cruiser's lights, police said, but the car continued for about a mile before it finally pulled over in Sharon.
When the officer walked over and asked for the driver's license and registration, the passenger reached for the glove compartment, police said, and Ryan drew his weapon.
He called for backup and, with the help of state troopers, arrested the passenger, William Cook, 26, and the driver, Alvin Campbell, 24, who had been released from Walpole state prison only weeks ago, police said.
The officers found a loaded 9mm handgun in the glove compartment, thousands of dollars in cash and a ``large quantity'' of marijuana in the back seat, police said.
Both men are scheduled to be arraigned tomorrow on charges of carrying an unlicensed firearm and possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
It will probably be a CWOF, as long as he promises to be good.
Are you being sarcastic or serious? I'd like to think this was sarcasim but with the frigging courts the way they are... LOL

G

·
It was a mixture of both. I am always amazed when I review the BOPs on these morons. I know the ADAs are loaded w/ work, but it is amazing some of the deals they'll make. And we all know the Judges don't help the issue. The pervert from Florida is a great example.

·
1,334 Posts
reno911_2004";p="60177 said:
MBTA Officer Joseph Ryan was headed south on Interstate 95 shortly after midnight while working a detail for the commuter rail when a car sped by him at about 90 mph, police said.
Some people just NEVER learn, out two weeks and already headed back to the big house. Nice arrest for the MBTA Police.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.