Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only a 22 year prison term for triple murder and armed robbery ? :BM:

BEDFORD, N.Y.- 1960's radical Kathy Boudin was released from prison yesterday after serving 22 years for murder in an armored car heist that left two policemen and a security guard dead. The robbers stole 1.6 million from a Brink's armored car and killed security guard Peter Paige. The two Police Officers, Sgt. Edward O'Grady and Officer Waverly Brown, were gunned down when the truck was stopped at a roadblock and gang members burst from the back of the vehicle.

:BM:

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,799 Posts
I don't remember the particulars...........
Was she a shooter, driver, accessory? Just wondering :|

·
Registered
147 Posts
Why? :roll: :roll: Ok she kills three pepole two of them who happen to be PO's and she gets out afrer 22 years :evil:. Did they even say why she was released so early.? Was it she was a model priosner and had more to offer if she where released :-({|= :-({|= . Ok excuse me on minute while I jsut sit here and :cry: for the accused.. I'm sorry but if you kill someone let alone a police officer you do not deserve to be out after 22 years. Most people serve longer for killing/help to kill one person and she was convicted of doing it 3 times over. She belongs in prison for life end of story. I don't care what she did while she was there, 22 years for 3 lives is not long enough... My thought and prayers too go out to the families of the Police Officers and Security Officer killed by the suspect.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's sad that people are allowed to get away with something this horrible. :( Personally, I don't think 22 years in jail is enough for one murder, let alone three. The sadest part is the people that always get hurt are the guys that are just doing their jobs (and their loved ones). :evil:

:cry: They'll be in my thoughts.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,799 Posts
Some background;

Kathy Boudin was a participant in the 1981 Brinks Truck robbery. She was not armed at any time and was in the cab of the U-haul truck used to flee the scene. Nyack N.Y. Police set up a roadblock. Kathy Boudin got out of the truck with her hands in the air and was taken into custody by police.
Subsequently other officers attempted to enter the back of the truck and a gun battle erupted. Tragically two police officers were killed in the line of duty.
Boudin was convicted and sentenced as an accessory to felony murder in 1984.

Food for thought;

1. The prosecuting District Attorney confirmed the claims of the defense that Ms. Boudin had not participated in the planning, and further that she "could not be held legally responsible for those killings because she was unarmed, had already surrendered, and was in custody."

2. Judge David S. Ritter after sentencing Ms. Boudin to twenty years-to-life, stated he could see "no reason Ms. Boudin should not be paroled at the expiration of the twenty years."

Ms. Boudin is a convicted felon who was an accessory to an armed robbery. She didn't shoot anybody, nor did she even carry a weapon.
Arguably 22 years might have been enough.
:-k

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
luap112 said:
Why? :roll: :roll: Ok she kills three pepole two of them who happen to be PO's and she gets out afrer 22 years :evil:. Did they even say why she was released so early.? Was it she was a model priosner and had more to offer if she where released :-({|= :-({|= . Ok excuse me on minute while I jsut sit here and :cry: for the accused.. I'm sorry but if you kill someone let alone a police officer you do not deserve to be out after 22 years. Most people serve longer for killing/help to kill one person and she was convicted of doing it 3 times over. She belongs in prison for life end of story. I don't care what she did while she was there, 22 years for 3 lives is not long enough... My thought and prayers too go out to the families of the Police Officers and Security Officer killed by the suspect.
Yeah, but I'm sure that by now, she's found Jesus, or Allah, or Buddah, etc. Don't they all? :BM: :-&

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.