Convicted bomber Raymond Luc Levasseur to speak at Northampton fund-raiser for Rosenb | MassCops

Convicted bomber Raymond Luc Levasseur to speak at Northampton fund-raiser for Rosenb

Discussion in 'Idiot News Articles' started by LGriffin, Oct 15, 2010.

1. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

This scumbag sickens me to no end. Leave it to libs to stir up shit and then play victim to the result of their poor choices.

Wonder what ever happened to the uASS professor who invited him to speak last year but was later found up tits-up drunk as a skunk on someones front lawn that evening? Let me guess, CWOF...

The last time convicted bomber Raymond Luc Levasseur was scheduled as part of a panel at the University of Massachusetts, the planned event drew protests and media attention.

Ultimately, he did not speak because a parole commission in Maine denied him permission to travel.

On Sunday, he is scheduled to speak at the Northampton Center for Arts to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Rosenberg Fund for Children. So far, his visit is not causing a peep.

Levasseur’s three children received money from the fund when he was in prison, and the plight of his children and the children of the others facing charges in 1985 inspired the creation of the fund. When Robert Meeropol, the founder of the fund, heard that Levasseur was no longer on parole, he said, “We’ve got to have Ray.”

Levasseur was the former leader of United Freedom Front, whose members were charged with eight Boston-area bombings between 1976 and 1979. He was also charged with the murder of a New Jersey state trooper, the attempted murder of a Massachusetts state trooper, several other assaults on law enforcement officers, and several armed bank robberies. He spent 20 years in prison.

The bombings were carried out to protest U.S. backing of South Africa’s apartheid and Central American right-wing death-squads. There were nine children among the seven charged.

Levasseur last year was first invited by the UMass-Amherst Libraries’ Department of Special Collections and University Archives as part of an annual forum on social change. After the department canceled that talk because of protests, a group of faculty reissued the invitation.

He was invited to speak on the 20th anniversary of a sedition trial in Springfield in 1989, in which he was found innocent.

After it was announced that Levasseur would not speak, about 200 police protested the event that went on without him. They held signs reading, “UMass supports terrorism recruitment” and “UMass supports terrorists.” The outcry was largely centered on the fact that he was speaking on the campus of a public institution that is supported by public funds.

“Since this is our 20th anniversary, this was a time when we were reflecting on our roots,” said Meeropol, the youngest son of Ethel and Julius Rosenberg, who were arrested and charged with giving the secret of the Atomic Bomb to the Soviet Union and later executed.

Meeropol had been a tax attorney in Springfield and was thinking of leaving his firm when he met Levasseur’s then-wife, Patricia, who told him what happened to the children of the group known as the Ohio 7.

The nine children were interrogated by the FBI and held by the government for several weeks and released only after their parents went on a hunger strike, Meeropol said.

“I never got interrogated. I can’t imagine what that would have done to me. .¤.¤. I was so deeply horrified by that.”

When he was young, people rallied around him and his older brother, Michael, and helped in many ways.

Meeropol said he always knew he wanted to create a foundation in his parents’ name. In April 1989 he decided that it would be a fund for children.

“The Ohio 7 case in this roundabout way inspired me to start the fund,” he said. “Bringing Ray back to speak brings it full circle.”

He said Levasseur will speak for about 15 minutes and will talk a little bit about what the fund meant to him.

“I support the work of the Rosenberg Fund 100 percent,” Levasseur said in a phone interview. “The need is great.” He said he felt with the trial that his children “were in somewhat of a similar circumstances with Robbie and his brother.”

He said of course this talk will be different than had he spoken at UMass.

“It’s going to be a celebration and party, more than anything else.” He said he will talk about how the fund helped his three daughters as well as about “some of my experiences with having my family targeted by the FBI.

“My children paid the price for my action and the police reaction.”

Penny Burke, executive director of the arts center, said the fund is renting space and has not heard a word of complaint.

The event “is child focused,” Meeropol said, but he said, “We’re not trying to hide the history.”

Since its inception, the fund has helped hundreds of children attend summer camp, take drama classes or piano lessons; it has also provided therapy. In the 20 years, it has raised nearly $4 million, he said, and awarded $350,000 a year in grants.

Beside Levasseur, the event features music by Evelyn Harris and a talk by Meeropol and his daughter Jenn. The event features a cash bar and hors d’oeuvres by Apollo Grill.

Convicted bomber Raymond Luc Levasseur to speak at Northampton fund-raiser for Rosenberg Fund for Children | masslive.com

2. Simon

Simon Guest

Re: Convicted bomber Raymond Luc Levasseur to speak at Northampton fund-raiser for Ro

WTF ?????????????????

3. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Re: Convicted bomber Raymond Luc Levasseur to speak at Northampton fund-raiser for Ro

Feel free to give him a nice welcome on masslive.com.
    Maybe the coward will find a reason not to show, again...

4. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

5. 263FPD

263FPD Well-Known Member

What a fucked up place we live in where the terrorists are heroes, anf the real heroes are shit on.

Drebbin likes this.
  6. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

oh, now don't be dragging those nice kids from Wakefield Track and Field into this!

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 13:01 ----------

as long as baggadouches like this exist, there will be those who praise them and follow them. I can't figure out which is worse, those that cower in the shadows and sing his praises and do nothing or those that immitate his insane acts.

One group is made up of COWARDLY SCUM and the other group is made up of ACTIVE SCUM.

This world needs a huge dose of Scrubbing Bubbles with OXY to...

shit, I'm sounding like Travis Bickle.

7. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

The following article has been edited for your reading pleasure.

Raymond Luc Levasseur thanks Rosenberg Fund for Children in a celebration in Northampton

NORTHAMPTON – In its first year the Rosenberg Fund for Children spent exactly $805 to send two Satan spawns to a Quaker summer camp, which charged exactly $402.50 per child.

On its 20-year anniversary, the fund held a "celebration." It has raised and spent an average of $350,000 a year for LEFTIST BRAINWASHING, HYPNOTISM, KUMBAYA lessons, BOMB MAKING SEMINARS and countless other things for children whose parents have been imprisoned or otherwise targeted for their progressive politics. AKA TERRORISTS!

The fund’s main goal is to offer educational and emotional support for children AKA LEFTIST BRAINWASHING. Families can receive food and housing from different sources, AKA TAXPAYERS but piano lessons or soccer camp can help a young child retain a sense of normalcy,really? Amber E. Black, fund spokeswoman, said. LOL...YEAH, RIGHT.

Robert Meeropol, the youngest son of Ethel and Julius Rosenberg, who were GUILTY of giving the secret of the Atomic Bomb to the Soviet Union and later executed IN A TIME WHEN THINGS MADE SENSE AND THE LAW WAS SWIFT, was a lawyer in Springfield when the case of Raymond Luc Levasseur caught his attention and inspired him to begin the fund.

Levasseur, A COP KILLER, was the former leader of United TERRORIST Front, whose members were ONLY charged with eight Boston-area bombings between 1976 and 1979. He spent 20 years in prison.

Now released on parole, Levasseur attended the anniversary and talked about how the fund helped his three daughters, the oldest of whom was 8 when he was arrested.

“Every time my children needed me I wasn’t there,” Levasseur said. ("There," meaning in prison.)
    But the fund was, providing money for "therapy" and "other opportunities" for his children.

“They saw the opportunity and that is what they responded to and I’m grateful for the unconditional support,” he said.

That support is an important part of the fund’s philosophy, said Jennifer E. Meeropol, the fund’s grant coordinator. She will eventually take her father Robert’s place as executive director.

“Even if we don’t always agree with their choice, we stand with them,” she said. :rolleyes:

Nearly each of the about 250 COMMI BASTARDS who attended the "celebration" have likely? objected to the political acts some have committed. In fact there are times when Robert Meeropol has disagreed with people whose children he is assisting.

He said it is important for him to come to peace over the disagreement and find a way to have civil discourse. WTF?

The speech by Levasseur drew no protests. The last time the convicted bomber was scheduled as part of a panel at the University of Massachusetts, A STATE FUNDED INSTITUTION, the planned event drew protests and media attention.

Ultimately, he did not speak because HE WAS SCARED SHITLESS AND BEGGED HIS PO'S TO GIVE HIM AN EXCUSE NOT TO COME.

Here's the real article, If you haven't yet ingested your daily allowance of bullshit:
    http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/10/raymond_luc_levasseur_thanks_r.html

8. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

There's a part of me that thinks, "If we simply ignore him, he'll get all pissy and mad that he's not getting all sorts of attention and maybe just go away."

There's another part of me that says, "Oy, if ve simply ignore deese Nazi goofballs, day vill just leave us alone and ve can go back to our nice simple lives, like a fiddler on the roof."

9. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Not likely. This thing and his ilk are like inoculated diseases. They hide away for a while but pop up wherever they find is a severely weakened host, e.g., Northampton & Amherst. :twins:

10. jedediah1

jedediah1 MassCops Member

did i miss the protest? :stomp:

Sooty likes this.
  11. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Yes, it was last year.

12. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

This scourge doesn't disband.
    It rebrands.
    BLM is the BPP.
    Antifa is the weather underground.
    Know thine enemy: