Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MERIDEN,CT -- A rolling police cruiser sent Officer Nick Sherwood to the hospital with minor injuries Saturday.

At about 6:30 p.m., Sherwood turned into the Brown Jug parking lot on the corner of East Main and Broad streets to pull over a suspicious person, Police Sgt. Leonard Caponigro said. When Sherwood exited his vehicle, it started to roll and pinned him against a fence, Caponigro said, adding that Sherwood was taken to MidState Medical Center for leg injuries.

The incident is under investigation. Caponigro said police do not know if the cruiser was in park or if it malfunctioned. Until that is determined, the cruiser will not be used to patrol Meriden, he said. Caponigro said the suspicious person left the scene without being questioned because of the commotion.
RECORD JOURNAL

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Wow, I hope he did not forget to put it in park. I have to admit, I have done that a few times in the past with my car. Either way, I hope he is OK

G

·
It's happened at least a dozen times to me and other guys over my career that I know about. It's kind of like you have to catch the ball before you throw it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts