Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Congrats

3K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  PearlOnyx 
#1 ·
Not sure when the next Ply. Academy starts, but have to say congrats to 3 friends leaving for W.Bridgewater PD, Plymouth PD, and Plymouth Fire good luck a-holes! :wink:

#6 ·
Tell them to be aware of the "Motta" and for their sake have them remove their gourd out of their buttocks before day one. :wink: And if they want to be marked for life tell Motta Mark Twain said hi :lol:

#9 ·
and when he gives the spelling test, it's scissors though it sounds like scissoooorrrss :lol:

Just kidding Lenny, and to those of you fortunate enough to attend Plymouth yes they do have a few birdies on this site so stay in line with your posts.

Communication is key, I suggest that you find the web/computer geek in class and get a small message board setup, email list and phone contact list asap. Might be a good idea to pass out a phone list sign-up after the orientation.

#12 ·
I heard that the PPD recruit will be going to an academy more west in the state due to the lack of people in the Ply/Wey academy. It's apparently like 2 hrs away?? For his sake i hope I heard wrong, and anyone know what other academy may start soon thats more "west"?

#16 ·
Jimbo,

I am self sponsoring myself through the next Plymouth Academy, completed everything (medical, PAT, items purchased), now just waiting to find out when start date is. I have not been appointed to any town yet, although I am a resident in Plymouth and on the civil service list. I am bummed out though given the situation in the town with the budget, but all I can do is wait and put myself through. Maybe with a little luck something will happen!

Shawn

#18 ·
Shawn,
one of our dispatchers just started the intermittent/reserve academy
at plymouth this week. he is also paying his own way thru. it will help both of you get on a police department because it speaks well of your ambition and drive. take care, keep in touch and best wishes :wink:

#19 ·
Thanks Jimbo I appreciate it. If anyone hears any new info on when the full time academy is going to start, please share. I know they have the website but sometimes people find out before stuff is posted there.

SRR, thanks for the info with getting some money back, I did save all my receipts so I will look into it. Can I use the receipt from the gun I purchased for use at the academy to get money back? I spent $800 on it, so any little bit back helps.

#20 ·
Can I use the receipt from the gun I purchased for use at the academy to get money back? I spent $800 on it, so any little bit back helps.

Don't forget the ammo. I purchased a Glock 27 and wrote it off, as well as my gun safe I purchased when I first became a cop. Don't forget the receipts for your cans of Kiwi and a cloth diaper, etc....

Take the box your new go-fasters came in and label it "Police Receipts" Throw EVERY receipt you get from a job related expense in there. (Including the gas receipts and bill for the Crown Vic I assume you'll have to rent for EVOC) It's better if your accountant tells you no as opposed to trying to remember what you purchased. If it's a job-related expense, it's usually a write off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.