Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I interviewed with Concord back in 1998 or 99. Good paying pd but when I interviewed with them I got the feeling they had already picked their new hire prior to the interviews and they were just going through the motions. The chief is a really good guy. I had him as a teacher at Middlesex Com. College in the late 80's. He was not chief then. My interview was about 12 minutes. You be the judge.

·
MassCops Member
218 Posts
Concord PD is a non CS town, that is very hard to get into with no academy behind you, the easiet way to get in on the ground floor is to start as a special or as a dispatcher, then they might send you to the academy, they do advertise for external apps, but that is more or less a show because they typically hire from within. So good luck I'd try another CS department.

·
Subscribing Member
4,405 Posts
I work alot with Concord PD and from what i have seen they do not hire from within. Yes they hire a dispatcher sometimes but the last officer was hird from Groton PD and had a degree and FT academy. They are a very squared away department and the minimum requirement to be a finalist is a 4 yr degree,preferably a master's degree, FT academy and experience.

·
MassCops Member
218 Posts
Just going by what I have been told by officers already on the job in Concord, after having been sponsored to and completed the reserve academy by CPD, and having been a resident of the town for 23 years (before moving to Boston)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.