Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my computer connected through the internet via Comcast cable modem. I was wondering, if i ,leave my computer on, can i access it remotely from work, which has access through the internet via network. I thought there is a way to access your computer remotely. I always have some things i need on my computer and it would so much easier to get them from work then driving home and saving them to a disk.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
PC Anywhere is what you need unless you setup your pc as an FTP server which is not the most secure way to run a home pc.

I am sure there are other ways but those are the first two that come to mind.

MT1?

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another option would be a USB storage device that you can bring from one PC to another, the sizes and prices are coming way down while their capacity continues to improve.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I like Microsoft Terminal Server... it is only built in to some of the 'heavier' versions of Windows, but it is a piece of cake to use - all you need is a web browser, it does not need any installing or configuring.

I think it is only part of Windows 2000 or XP Professional, not sure though...

-Mike

·
Registered
334 Posts
VNC (Virtual Network Computing) from AT&T Labs is pretty neat. I understand the new version isn't as slow as previous versions, but I haven't tried it. Oh yeah, it's a FREEBIE too!!!
-Eric

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.