Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there have any info on where I should be looking to get some grant money for new cruiser laptops. Thanks

·
Subscribing Member
4,324 Posts
Good luck, the last time that I remember a grant for laptops was a COPSMORE Grant that was about 4 years ago. Your department could use some Homeland Defense Grant money for laptops I believe, but Bush cut all the COPSMORE and most of the COPS grants.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply, I hope there is something I can do. I would really love to get those Panasonic Toughbooks in the cruisers...........but money is really tight.

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
You may want to tag team with your EMA or Fire Department there are tons of DHS grants for combined computer/ emergency response computer equipment.

·
Registered
72 Posts
"community policing" grant money is a waste of tax payer's money. Nerdy classes for citizens on topics like criminal procedure, a tour of the Station and a ride-a-long... :roll: .... Money would not be so tight if that nonsense was stopped in favor of the purchase of new equipment.. There is only so much tax money available.. people are sick of tax hikes... In my opinion the touchy feely "Citizen's Academies" should be seen for what they are - a farce !! The money for equipment such as lap tops is available if the priorities are pragmatic instead of politically correct nerdism.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Uh-huh...

Getting your local taxpayers who vote for your bosses and pay your salary to actually see what you do, see what you need and learn to like you is such a huge waste of time and boy are they expensive. :roll:

Those "nerdy" classes are such a waste too. You know what's really expensive? When people don't pay attention in those nerdy classes and they lose a case or they get themselves sued for doing something the wrong way.

FWIW: Running a CPA is very short money and it pays major dividends at budget and contract time. If you need a new station, patrol rifles or new guns host a few CPA's and invite all of your local politicos.

BAck to the question: Most of the fed grants are gone. You really want to look at the interoperable communications grants. Team up with the Fire Department, Civil Defense and maybe even DPW.

We will be running a week long grant writing program the week of November 7 with TGCI. The cost is $825 and it will be held at MITRE in Bedford / Burlington MA, If anyone is interested PM me. Here is TGCI's website: http://www.tgci.com/intl/index.asp

1 - 10 of 10 Posts