Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tomahawk,
Any idea what your new dept uses?
I like IMC it is user friendly and each user can costumize it to their liking (color, layout and so on).
Only thing I d not like is you can go back into your calls and change the time. This is good if you mess up or get real bisy but it leaves it open for users not being on the up and up.

·
Registered
561 Posts
MCOA, I have no idea what my new department uses. Just got hired two days ago, I have not even set foot in the communications center yet! :D

The Vineyard still does it the old fashioned way, eh? I know that Nantucket PD does not; dispatch system, cruiser laptops, and the report writing system is all tied together. A bit confusing, it is not Windows-based... but it works.

725, seems like "not user friendly" is a standard term with these new "high tech" CAD systems. Yuck!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Springfield uses a UNIX based CAD in Dispatch, the MDT is Packcluster and the PO's use IMC in the cars and stations for report. IMC is windows based and their CAD is UNIX based. Do not know how Bill (supervisor for springfield dispatch) does it.

·
MassCops Founder
6,403 Posts
Originally posted by 725:
My department just upgraded to QED . . . its terrible. Not user friendly at all.
LOL QED an UPGRADE???

We have had it for years, seems to be a piece mail system, the add as they go then fix it when they can.

When I dispatched for Norton PD/FD they used Pamet's, a much better system than compared to QED.

My personal opinion is that it stinks! They are supposed to have a windows based system now but we have not installed it, I really wonder how much better it could be.

PD's should not be beta testers!

Correction it was Pamet's for Norton not IMC, by bad it's been a while since I worked there.

·
MassCops Founder
6,403 Posts
Originally posted by MCOA41:
Do you know what QED stands for and if they have a website?
MCOA41
The website is www.qed.com but seems to be down right now.....must be running there own software lol

·
Registered
126 Posts
Gil,

Good call on QED . . . my dept "upgraded" last year to it. The previous system was ancient . . . but this system is not much better.

MCOA41 . . . QED stands for Queues Enforth Development. They used to be out of Cambridge, but I think they moved to Malden recently. Cambridge 911 uses the same system as my dept - i don't know how they like it but our version is horrific.

G

·
In Halifax we use IMC and have found from talking to some depts. who also use it and having problems is that they are not really using it to its full capacity, we have used it for quite some time and happy with it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
MCOA41,

Dukes County went to CAD last year. The dispatch center is tied in to all the departments' computers, and they use a system called CARS. I think it's made by Omnis Studio. Not very user friendly.

Nick

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.