Compensation | MassCops

Compensation

Discussion in 'State Police' started by lostcab, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostcab

lostcab Guest

Hi, I want to become a Mass State Troop more than anything. I have a slight problem and I was hoping someone could help me out. I am married with two children. My wife works as well but basically my paycheck supports the whole family. I see that MSP pays $400 something a week while training. My family cannot live on that. Does anyone where or how I could funding for six months so that may attend the MSP Academy? Any info. would be great. Thanks - Cory

2. Crvtte65

Crvtte65 Moderator

So you're asking how you can make extra money if you go to an academy? You're last sentence doesn't make any sense...

3. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

After deductions and insurance, take-home pay was $589 every two weeks. If you want it, you'll find a way. It's not for the financially weak. They can't change it, they won't change it, it sucks big donkey balls, but either deal with it, or move on to another line of work.

4. JLT770

JLT770 New Member

yikes, im sure its well worth it though in the long run

5. OutOfManyOne

OutOfManyOne New Member

MSP pay in the academy is the most unrealisic BS that I ever seen, if you want it so bad, go take out a $50000 home equity loan so you can be like us. We pay our recruits $755 a week in the academy so they don't have to stress out financially and focus on their studies.

6. JLT770

JLT770 New Member

is that a response to me? i cant see the first post so im completely confused. as for the 755 a week thats more what i thought it was, not 550 every two thats rough.

7. OutOfManyOne

OutOfManyOne New Member

It's a response to the poor pay MSP pays their recruits.

8. stubrie

stubrie New Member

He who has the "the gold" makes the rules....
    I'd rather be paid a 100k to be a senior janitor in cambridge.

When the new janitors are traininng/ hired, I do proceed to treat them like the wigily worms they are, ( I need to to keep my in house social image in order to get to a specialiized unit.....) :cool:

9. JLT770

JLT770 New Member

so who are "we" and where agency are you from?

10. stubrie

stubrie New Member

jlt770- nice job covering up my post in 1 minute, you'll make a great company man....if you score high enough..

11. OutOfManyOne

OutOfManyOne New Member

A municipal PD and it won't help you as you would need to be a resident.

12. JLT770

JLT770 New Member

thanks? funny thing the senior janitor from UNNICO was walking out of my building in Cambridge as i read this post, im assuming he makes no where close to 100k, anyway you got your post back for 3 hours

13. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

I believe that MSP recruit pay is way too low...it hasn't changed since 1992. We should pay something a little more realistic rather than putting people into financial ruin to attend the academy. I don't think 30K a year is too much to ask for. Unfortunately, recruits aren't union members, hence do not benefit from our contract negotiations.

14. Rock

Rock Undefined

Five days a week....the first four of those days are minimum 16 hour days and french toast Friday is a "short" 12 hours. The hourly rate ends up WAY below minimum wage. I'm all for having people earn their way but that needs to change. I would argue it's illegal.

15. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

Then the crusties say "you get free housing and food, gear and uniforms," etc. I believe recruit pay is extremely poor, and you get guys right off of break-in hammering 5 details a week for the next 2 years trying to financially catch up.

16. Vader

Vader MassCops Member

[​IMG]

Stop your whining.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.