Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, with mask mandates and defund ideas being tossed around in certain states we have had lots of officers looking at Arizona as a possible landing spot for beginning or continuing their careers in LE. I'm a recruiter for the department and all I can say is this is perfect timing to look at Mesa PD.

We have about 850 sworn officers (just over 1300 with professional staff) and we are hoping to hire about 120 officers each year for the next 3-5 years. We are testing every 2 months and put recruits through our academy three times a year.

We are looking for good lateral candidates too and will be happy to work with you if you are looking for a new place to continue your career.

Some facts about Mesa and MPD:

• Nearly perfect weather 9 months out of the year. *The hot months are a dry heat ;-)
  • Laterals must be certified sworn in good standing with minimum two years patrol experience.
  • Out of state applicants can expect two visits to complete the application/testing process.
  • Laterals will complete a 4 week lateral academy to familiarize with forms, radios system, computers etc.
  • Mesa is the third largest city in Arizona.
  • We are the 2nd largest PD in the state.
  • Recent survey shows 95% approval rating from our citizens. Our community supports us.

Email us at [email protected] (I wont check this website often so do not reply here if you can)

For more info visit www.mpdjobs.com

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I got a job offer from Chandler PD the same time I got on where I am now many years ago. There have been more than a few occations in the last year where I have regretted not moving out there.

·
Subscribing Member
4,386 Posts
Nice place but salaries are not that great and the cost of living is high there. $68k for a person with over 7 years experience is not good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice place but salaries are not that great and the cost of living is high there. $68k for a person with over 7 years experience is not good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel you, just know that from that starting point the salary would go up and top out at 84k. That's minus shift differential and other escalators.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts