Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent part of the day in two college towns, Amherst and Williamstown.
On the one hand it seems it would be pretty cool to be a police officer in a college town but on the other hand it seems like it would be a nightmare.

Saw some kids screwing around and cause an accident on Route 7 north...a 3 car smack up...then saw some girls yelling at each other in Amherst ( I think a college girl and a townie). Not sure what it was all about but their friends broke it up.

It's sad as I must be getting older as I think to myself when I see some of the crap going on "dumb kids"...

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
I found out that my chances are excellent to be hired by Burlington, VT PD in Jan. This is a huge college town. I think theres 5 colleges and there crime stats are quite high for the population. But i think the college kids are what would make this job interesting, not a nightmare. Besides, i'll be 23 in december so it might be a fun place to start my LE career.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
You will not be dealing with college kids that often...except in bars/nightclubs. That city is full of scumbags: any cars from the slatehead state traveling north on 91 during the dogwatch are usually full of scumbags and drugs. Does kinda sound like a fun place to work, though! 8)

But watch yourself! Remember these people voted for Howard "the coward" Dean! :shock:

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
haha.. hey, i'm a white male who only speaks English, i gotta take what i can get! Besides, the contract is two years, so if i wanted out i'd still be very young, (25) if i wish to transfer. VT's cert is accepted is a lot of other states

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.