Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Alien Member
17,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
College renames holiday breaks

Yorkshire Coast College in England says it has dropped the words "Christmas" and "Easter" from its breaks to avoid offending students of other religions.

The college said it has renamed the traditional holiday periods "end of term breaks" to "increase inclusion and diversity," the Daily Mail reported Monday.

"We constantly review the ways in which we communicate, to ensure that we do not discriminate," said a spokeswoman for the school.
Robert Goodwill, a Tory member of Parliament, called the name change "political correctness gone mad."

"They are petrified that they offend the minority but what they are doing is offending the majority," Goodwill told the Daily Mail.

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2008/09/15/College_renames_holiday_breaks/UPI-10941221519518/

this is getting stupid.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
I know this about England but Each day we loose a piece of what this Country was founded on, Patriotism, God, the English language, Traditional holidays and each day we give a little away...I went to Walmart the other day...I walked up to this woman that worked there and asked her a queston..she looked at me and said NO ABLA ...I couldnt believe it...I walked away in disbelief...when I was checking out I said something to the cashier...and she said there was ten people there that couldnt speak English..I was in shock for 10 mins...how does this happen.

·
Subscribing Member
7,237 Posts
I actually experienced going to a manager at a Walmart and told her I could no longer shop there as too many employees didn't speak english. She replied, "look around...most people shopping here do not speak english." She was right. Walmart could care less whether or not we ever shop there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.