Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?: Does anybody out there know if the MCJTC, State Police, SSPO, Reserve Intermittent, etc, academies are college accredited whereby graduates get college credit for completion of the academy?? I know some federal academies are accredited. Thanks.

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
According to a member of the current SSPO class, he is going to get 6 credits towards his bachelors for it. I approached my Criminal Justice Dept. Chairman about gettting credit for attending the Reserve Academy, and he fed me some crap about how "its not available to everyone, so I can not put it towards college credit" Which is bullshit :evil:

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm pretty sure as far as acceptable college credit in Quinn Bill terms, Academy Training is no longer accepted. This has already taken effect or will be by years end.

·
1,952 Posts
It depends on the college too. NU won't take anything for the FT academy but I have to question about the R/I. This is because they refuse to accept "hands on learning" as actually learning. University College of NU however may. I say this because the EMT is 9 credits for night school and should transfer to 8 in the day but since part of it is "hands on learning" they only accept 4. They said they won't take ANY credits for the FT. Of course a science lab is hands on learning and student receive credits for that..... but what do I know

·
Subscribing Member
1,322 Posts
Just to reiterate what MPD stated. Although the money for the Quinn bill has been funded some of the rules have changed and schools that award credit for the academy or so-called "life experience" (ie; going to work everyday and getting old) will no longer be recognized. So basically if you do find a school that will take any academy and give you credit for it towards a Criminal Justice degree you most likely will run into difficulty down the road when you try to use it for the Quinn Bill.

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
State Higher Ed is no longer taking police academies as credit towards a degree (Unless you are already enrolled since a certain date). Due to the jealous rotten civilians who complained to their politicians about how the Quinn Bill was degree manufacturing diplomas to cops who did not deserve them.

·
1,952 Posts
Mikey682 said:
According to a member of the current SSPO class, he is going to get 6 credits towards his bachelors for it. I approached my Criminal Justice Dept. Chairman about gettting credit for attending the Reserve Academy, and he fed me some crap about how "its not available to everyone, so I can not put it towards college credit" Which is bullshit :evil:
Well, what about clinical studies and interships as hospitals, that's not available to everyone :shock:

We'll bring down the wall Mike!!! :twisted: (a hard wall though ](*,) )

·
Registered
109 Posts
i guess i have you all beat...

Affiliation
The Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Training Academy is affiliated with the Northern Virginia Community College, Annandale, Virginia. Based on an agreement between the Academy and the college, each successful graduate of the law enforcement school receives 25 semester transfer hours.

A graduating deputy sheriff receives 18 semester transfer hours. A trainee attending both the Law Enforcement and Deputy Sheriff Schools receives a total of 28 semester transfer credits.

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
ntvs said:
i guess i have you all beat...

Affiliation
The Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Training Academy is affiliated with the Northern Virginia Community College, Annandale, Virginia. Based on an agreement between the Academy and the college, each successful graduate of the law enforcement school receives 25 semester transfer hours.

A graduating deputy sheriff receives 18 semester transfer hours. A trainee attending both the Law Enforcement and Deputy Sheriff Schools receives a total of 28 semester transfer credits.
If I didn't already have my bachelors degree I would be moving to Northern Virginia!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts