Colarusso Interim Dover Chief: Retired Chief To Head State Juvenile Services | MassCops

Colarusso Interim Dover Chief: Retired Chief To Head State Juvenile Services

Discussion in 'New Hampshire' started by Inspector, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Inspector

Inspector Subscribing Member

By THOMAS R. KRESSLER
    Democrat Staff Writer
    [email protected]

Anthony Colarusso, to be interim police chief

DOVER — Capt. Anthony Colarusso will serve as interim police chief upon the retirement of current chief William Fenniman at the end of the month, City Manager Mike Joyal announced Tuesday.

A 21-year veteran of the Dover Police Department, Colarusso has expressed interest in becoming chief on a permanent basis. He is currently second-in-command.

"I'm excited for the opportunity," said Colarusso, 44. "I'm pleased that the city manager has the confidence in me, and I look forward to the search process."

Joyal's announcement was made in an e-mail to members of the City Council late Tuesday afternoon.

Mayor Scott Myers praised Colarusso's professionalism, knowledge and helpfulness, calling him a role model in the community.

"I've known him for several years now and on a professional level everything I've seen about him is positive," Myers said. "I think he's an appropriate choice and excellent choice to be interim police chief."

Fenniman, 46, has accepted a position as head of the N.H. Division of Juvenile Justice Services, and will begin Jan. 29. His last day with Dover police will be on Jan. 26, at which point Colarusso will take over as interim chief.