Massachusetts Cop Forum banner


1753 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Goose
Does anyone know if reserves are allowed to go to COBWEB or IPBMA. Also are you required to bring a bike/ do they offer a bike to use or are you required to use only their bikes.

1 - 1 of 5 Posts
DODK911";p="70535 said:
I went through IPMBA and you are required to have your own bike and all required equipment like uniforms and bike repair tools, and you had to be full-time Police Officer to take the course.
I enquired with an instructor from IPMBA, and he was willing to let me take the course (as an auxiliary) provided I got a sponsor letter from my PD as well as a waiver.

I ended up not going through with it because of the $300 cost for the course PLUS the costs of a hotel and eating out every day/night would have made it more $$ than I was willing to spend.

Even though the riding portion of the IPMBA course is supposedly more intensive, I decided to go with COBWEB instead because they hold classes on the east side of the state. I am still waiting to hear from them as to when they are doing classes though...
1 - 1 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.