CO I 2018 | Page 8 | MassCops

CO I 2018

Discussion in 'Corrections' started by Dj112, Jul 17, 2018.

1. FPFC2

FPFC2 MassCops Member

Calls have probably been going out this week. July 8th (7th start date) is pretty much confirmed. HR wants this class, promotions, and transfers all online around the same time.

yellowlabs68 likes this.
  2. yellowlabs68

yellowlabs68 MassCops Member

Pretty sure they want about 150 for this class

3. FPFC2

FPFC2 MassCops Member

They did. They wanted over 200 for the march class but ended up short. There was talk of adding the spots for this class

yellowlabs68 likes this.
  4. yellowlabs68

First off, congrats!

Orientation will be where you show up and split up by the AM class, and the PM class. You'll get an explanation of the chain of command and other info pertaining to the academy. Most importantly you'll get your PT bag with all of the contents, aka 2 pairs of sweatshirts, pants, shorts, etc. You'll also take your picture for your future department ID card. You can ask questions as well.

Make sure you shave, and dress accordingly (pretty sure it's business casual). Bring $130 in cash I believe (for the bag and gear).

I forget how long it was, but make sure you bring a laptop as well, since you'll be asked to login to a couple of websites.

sf07 likes this.
  5. sf07

sf07 New Member

Awesome thank you so much!

yellowlabs68 likes this.
  6. wrangler

wrangler MassCops Member

Friend of mine took the last test and is looking to get in, any word on new classes in the future.

7. yellowlabs68

I heard they want another class in October

xiortiz likes this.
  8. xiortiz

xiortiz New Member

Curious myself. Current academy has roughly 3 weeks or so left. I heard October too, but wouldn't they have started the process by now?

9. wrangler

wrangler MassCops Member

Thank you

10. FPFC2

FPFC2 MassCops Member

There are no plans for an academy "in the near future". But as always, its the state. Their definition of near future could be a few months

11. wrangler

wrangler MassCops Member

Anyone know if the Ma DOC starting the hiring process for the next academy and if so when would the next academy start

12. xiortiz

xiortiz New Member

Notices went out. PT dates are 2/10 - 2/13. Two academies, April and July.

13. axc1155

axc1155 MassCops Member

There's nothing about an academy in July but there will be a class of 100 starting in April. They are also looking into a class of 200 in 2021.

14. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

That's assuming they can get enough bodies!last I heard they weren't close to the 100 for this class.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

15. wrangler

wrangler MassCops Member

Thanks for the info. friend of mine looking to get in looks like he has a good shot

16. yellowlabs68

I heard out of the 1100 on the list, only about 180 signed the list

17. wrangler

wrangler MassCops Member

Not surprised

18. axc1155

axc1155 MassCops Member

And most don't realize they'll most likely be going to Souza

yellowlabs68 likes this.