CO I 2016 | Page 6 | MassCops

CO I 2016

Discussion in 'Corrections' started by knucklehead, Dec 25, 2015.

1. NashBB

NashBB MassCops Member

Yeah perhaps they made the release today and will be making calls tomorrow? Who knows I'll keep my fingers crossed. If you don't mind me asking where are you ranked in the eligibility list?

2. S1991

S1991 MassCops Member

Got the call today. Looks like I made the cut. Good luck everyone and see you at the academy!

Now time to fly under the radar and keep out of trouble.

Goose likes this.
  3. Zoey

Zoey MassCops Member

Heyy guys! New to this! I got my call Thursday as well, I’m looking forward to seeing you all at the Academy!
    Is any one going to orientation on Saturday ?

4. Zoey

Zoey MassCops Member

They were on a freeze for two weeks, they just started making calls Thursday, so they are behind on notifying everyone...

5. Zoey

Zoey MassCops Member

I’m hoping some one can post a pic or a list, I missed placed my paper with the information for our boots, lunch box and pens, can some one plz share so I can make sure I have everything! Thanks

6. S1991

S1991 MassCops Member

I would do your best to try to find that paper. I could be wrong, but I believe there is a section on that paper we need to turn in at the academy regarding our vehicles.

Boots: do a search for Corcoran Jump Boots. Anything similar to that will work. Just make sure it can hold a shine. I would also do some research on a proper spit shine.

Pens: Black BIC pens. They are the ones with a semi transparent body. PM me if you need a pic.

Lunch box: I got an all black lunch box with no logos.

Zoey likes this.
  7. knucklehead

knucklehead MassCops Member

Make sure to lock your doors, the last thing you want is have a DI going through your car and finding a hunting knife and a brick of .40 ammo...

S1991 likes this.
  8. Zoey

Zoey MassCops Member

Thanks!!!!
    I’m going to try and look for it, I talk to Hr, they said they will ask them to have extra at orientation, I’m trying to make sure I have all the correct things before than

9. MASSDOC313

MASSDOC313 MassCops Member

Seriously? Please take a course on spelling and grammar before you enter the academy. “Missed placed” and “plz” isn’t going to cut it in the academy nor the institution. Looks like we got to the bottom of the barrel again for this academy. It’s embarrasing that this is the new generation of recruits that I’ll be working with in a few months. It’s sad that this is the level of intelligence being hired by the DOC.

10. bigfoot1120

bigfoot1120 MassCops Member

Settle down guy, it doesn’t take much intelligence to hand out toilet paper for 8 hours a day.

knucklehead, pahapoika and Zoey like this.
  11. Zoey

Zoey MassCops Member

Haha glad my grammar and spelling bothers you this much!! Can’t wait to work with buddy!!

12. MASSDOC313

haha, can’t argue with that. You’re right, I got worked up. Just tired of working with idiots. Still disgruntled over Par-10.

13. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

that is just f**king horrible ! Really is a different world out there.

Good luck to all.

14. MASSDOC313

Already know yah, good luck in the academy.

Zoey likes this.
  15. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

Really? Have you read some people's reports?

Counting by 2 and handing out TP and Soap isn't that hard.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  16. Lights-Out!

Lights-Out! MassCops Member

Like others have said, its differs from each facility. I know at Norfolk they do a rotating list that is established by seniority and then it sorts you by how many times you have been forced, the last day forced and then by seniority. I think Shattuck follows the contract and forces low man every time. Framingham and Shirley does a rotating list as well. A few years back Shirley Medium tried to reset at the OT renewal and it created an uproar. I think a rotating list is the fairest for all but right now the "Seniority Based Union" mindset of the E-Board, I would doubt they would even consider it.

17. Dj112

Dj112 MassCops Member

Hello all,
    I don’t mean to interrupt but maybe someone can help me out.

I’ve just received my score from the 4/14/18 exam and scored an 89. I am very disappointed and thought for sure I aced it. I took the 2014 exam and scored a 93 back then. I got two cards and that was about it, did not get any further than signing a list. Back then I thought that was a great score and trained hard for the physical test but yeah..... nothing....

The only thing giving me a little hope is the talk of them hiring a lot the next few years (I’m hoping a massive amount judging by the massive amount of people also taking the exam at the site). I really want and need this job! I’m hungry for it.

I’m a non-vet white male. Has anyone got the job with an 89 score in my bracket?
    Is there hope or should I move on?

Thank you

18. Lights-Out!

It’s possible to get on with your score. In the past they use to go down into the 70’s when we were putting class after class through. Nowadays they haven’t put anywhere near the amount of classes through like in the past. The Department staffing levels are getting low and many places are hiring a lot of OT. This new class isnt going to make a dent since the Department loses about 150+ officers a year due to attrition and it’s been a few years since an academy class has gone through. Also the new criminal justice reform bill is going to impact the Department and is going to require the Department to staff more officer posts. The Department needs to hire more but at the end of the day, budgets is what makes and breaks if a class is funded. Hopefully all parties involved from the DOC to the Legislature to the Governor sees the need for more officers and more classes are funded.

Dj112 likes this.
  19. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

You will be most likely get a card for the next academy. We had a 79 in my class.

Keep your noses clean and watch what you say on social media.

After not having a class for 3 years we are severely short staffed and will need more than 1 class to get back to close to even.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Dj112 likes this.
  20. Lights-Out!

I saw this posted today on the DOC Facebook page:

Tomorrow morning is the first day of academy training for the new recruit class. Congratulations to our new recruits, please be sure to be on time and to look sharp. Remember to remain in your vehicles until the drill instructors come to welcome you. Best of luck to you all!

Massachusetts Department of Correction

FPFC2 likes this.
  21. Lights-Out!

This was posted earlier today on the DOC Facebook, does anyone recognized themselves or others?
    Massachusetts Department of Correction

319th Recruit Training Class

Today approximately two-hundred recruits entered the Massachusetts Department of Correction Recruit Training Academy for their 1st day of training to become Correction Officers, Correctional Program Officers and Recreation Officers.

Under the direction of their drill instructors, these recruits will be trained to be successful in their jobs. The training they will receive will be intensive and rigorous but this technique is required due to the dangerous nature of the work. They will participate in a wide spectrum of training via a comprehensive curriculum which includes Instructor-led, eLearning and hands-on methods.

Their regimen will cover topics such as inmate accountability; disorder management; de-escalation; emergency response; CPR/first aid; restraint application and other subjects related to the field of corrections.

Recruits are tested on what they have learned throughout the duration of the academy class. Those who successfully complete the training academy will be sworn-in as Correction Officers, Correctional Program Officers and Recreation Officers and will begin their careers at various facilities throughout the state.

Keep checking back here on Facebook. We will update periodically with the progress of the class.

22. Jrod6

Jrod6 MassCops Member

Scored A 91 with VET Status, just checked the current list which hasn’t been updated yet to account for the new test scores and jesus if only I had the disabled Vet status. Well gl to anybody who took the test in April can’t wait for the new list to be released.

23. S1991

S1991 MassCops Member

Can't wait to return Monday to continue on to week 2.

wwonka likes this.
  24. FPFC2

FPFC2 MassCops Member

I got hired off the March 2012 test with a 91. I know they dipped into the mid 80s with that test. Its really all about timing. I don't have concrete info but just seeing all the OT around, you might get 2-3 classes off this test.

25. knucklehead

knucklehead MassCops Member

They’re doing background investigations now.