CO I 2016 | Page 2 | MassCops

CO I 2016

Discussion in 'Corrections' started by knucklehead, Dec 25, 2015.

1. triplethreat

triplethreat MassCops Member

I'm actually very confused on how the scoring goes. How you find your exact eligibility because i think like 75 people have the same rank as me! Can anyone else break it down more?

2. Roll4Roll

Roll4Roll MassCops Member

Those people that are in the same rankings a you scored the same as you on the exam. So if you look at the list, the first 250 are disabled veterans and veterans, and they are in different rankings groups. Each group represents their score on the exam. After the 250 ranking is civilians. So for example, most likely the person at the 250 rank scored a 100 on the exam, the people at the 251 ranking scored a 99, the people at 264 scored a 98 and so on..

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    triplethreat likes this.
  3. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

I'm hearing a class possibly the end of the year which means next spring.

Goodluck and hang in there.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Roll4Roll likes this.
  4. Roll4Roll

Thanks wwonka.

5. Dmoney666

Dmoney666 New Member

That's sounds about right. I took the test for the first time on 3/19/16, non-vet and scored a 96. I'm ranked 294 with a bunch of others. Make sure your taxes are paid, especially excise tax like someone else said, bc if not, your screwed. I'm hoping they hold an academy by Spring next year. Retirements are coming so us people close to the top should have a good shot. I'll keep updates coming if I hear anything.

6. knucklehead

knucklehead MassCops Member

IF/When you get in look forward to OT whether you want it or not! No way the State can keep up with the retirements now...

Roll4Roll likes this.
  7. Roll4Roll

I could use some. Has there been a lot of OT already?

8. knucklehead

I've been averaging 40 hours a pay period for the past couple of pay periods. Sometimes hitting over 50.

wwonka likes this.
  9. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

I'm getting 2 to 3 a pay period without trying. Depending on what institution you work at there can be a lot or very little.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  10. Roll4Roll

Monthly check in. Anyone heard any news?

11. knucklehead

I wouldn't expect to hear anything till after the State Hospital closes and the "buy outs" are done... Not till after January, I expect.

wwonka likes this.
  12. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

I had been hearing Jan but there's no way that's going to happen since they haven't even started backgrounds.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

13. Rogergoodwin

Rogergoodwin MassCops Member

The next academy is scheduled for early 2018, so I imagine the process should be coming up in early 2017

14. Roll4Roll

Not trying to sound ungrateful for this information, but are you being serious?

15. Rogergoodwin

Unfortunately. I found that info in some of the union meeting mimutes when I was bored one day. In fact, the department is doing a retirement incentive to get people out right now. The problem is that we're down 3800 inmates from a few years ago. But in 2018 it will be the easiest job to get in the state.

HuskyH-2 likes this.
  16. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

Heard it was something like 15k to GTFO?

17. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

And some time to that and I'm sure they'll be lots of people running for the door :D

HuskyH-2 likes this.
  18. Rogergoodwin

The 15k deadline just passed. The only people that took it were the people that were already leaving because it's not that much $$. If they added years, it wouldve been different

pahapoika and HuskyH-2 like this.
  19. knucklehead

Heard around 90 took the 15k to leave. What's a 1/2% worth compared to your sanity?

pahapoika and HuskyH-2 like this.
  20. Patsnation

Patsnation MassCops Member

Just checking in. Is it still looking like 2018 for the next academy? Any other updates?

21. knucklehead

Only rumors. Charlie may be feeling a little bit of heat after what happened at SBCC. Keep running, doing your push ups and sit ups.

pahapoika likes this.
  22. Patsnation

Yeah having msp called in isn't a good look. Will do. Thanks for the update.

23. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

Let's hope MCOFU bypasses management and go straight to the governor.
    Sounds like they really need some more officers at the institutions

wwonka likes this.
  24. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

Yeah it was nice of them to drive around the perimeter. That's about as close as they got.

knucklehead likes this.
  25. Patsnation

Monthly check-in. Any news?