Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I got my clocks turned back on Sat night...so I was on time for everything on Sunday...BUT wasn't there a big push to change when we were going to turn our clocks back or something? Isn't there a new law that says we turn it back at a different date...or did that fall through? (well I guess it did)

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I'm two years too early. Hey think of all the trouble that's gonna cause...because all the computers are set to change on a different date...it will be like Y2K all over again.

badogg88 said:
I just googled "daylight savings" and came up with this link: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,173929,00.html

Says basically that in 2007, daylight savings will be changed so that it will last 4 more weeks. Is that what you were thinking of?

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Farming...it SUCKS going out in the dark to feed the hroses, cows, chickens what have you.

When I was a kid, 66 2/3% of my "work" was done in the dark in the winter.

·
1,334 Posts
USMCMP5811 said:
I just do't see the point of the whole change the clock. although, I do like the fact i get an hour of OT in the fall and get paid for 8 when I only work 7 in the spring.....:beer:
The time change is good for something afterall, OT! \\:D/

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
It all comes back to money. I recently learned that there are a few counties in Indiana which do not observe the "spring forward, fall back" principle. The state is also divided on time because a good chunk of their economy comes from Chicago business, so they want to stay close to Chicago's working hours.

I always thought it had something to do with some kind of mathematical equation in relation to the number of hours in a given year. I figured that if we didn't set our clocks forward or back during certain points of the year every year, then time would be all screwed up and we'd end up eating lunch at 1pm in pitch blackness like we live in damn Alaska or something.

Sometimes I think too much... :s :wacko:

·
Registered
17,747 Posts
Wolfman said:
...but how many changed the batteries in your smoke detectors???
Good point you brought up Wolfman. I test my smoke detectors with the test button. They all worked fine... I suggest the rest of you do the same, at least every 3 months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.