Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone explain the law to me about having a Class A LTC Restricted for Sport/ target. I was under the assumption that anyone who holds a ClassA LTC no matter if there is a restriction can carry concealed. Just want to make sure Iam not doing anything illegal. I think it is stupid to give someone a Class A LTC and then put a restriction on the license. Thanks for the help

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
Enforcer said:
Could someone explain the law to me about having a Class A LTC Restricted for Sport/ target. I was under the assumption that anyone who holds a ClassA LTC no matter if there is a restriction can carry concealed. Just want to make sure Iam not doing anything illegal. I think it is stupid to give someone a Class A LTC and then put a restriction on the license. Thanks for the help
Let me guess you got your LTC from the grand old first in the nation established in 1854 Boston Police Department! Lt Cowbarski. They place a big runchy red RESTRICTION on your LTC. I have been there done that and it pissed me off too. They The Boston Police have been doing this for years and will continue to do this until someone takes them to court over it.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Though the issuing authority may stamp your LTC with a restriction, there is not to my knowledgee, any law governing this. The worst case scenario is if you are found to be using your LTC for anything other than the stated reason, ie, hunting and target, he/she may try to revoke your permit on yhe grounds of "unsuitable". I am not an attorney, so I make no legal claims here.

In my opinion, many issuing authorities are way out of line in their "restriction" of licenses. If the applicant is suitable, and has no disqualifiers, for Pete sake, give them the license.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts