Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've checked w/ my local PD and they do not think my new LTC will be in by the expiration of my old. I do not actually own any firearms (technically my old man and brothers - cheaper that way!) Regardless of that, are there any issues I should be aware of? I dont typically carry and ,of course, wouldnt attempt to until the new lic. is in hand.

Thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
If your LTC exprires and you have not yet recieved your new one, then I believe you cannot carry. You would be without a LTC. So you would have to wait until you recieve your new one.

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
Before the new gun laws came in there was a grace period they gave you but not now, once your LTC has expired there is no grace period. Your license expires on the expiration date stated on your LTC. You will be considered unlicensed until the new LTC is issued (unless it comes before your old one expires)

·
Subscribing Member
288 Posts
My LTC was set to expire in May, so I went to renew it in March, well May came and went without my LTC, but the local PD didnt give me any trouble about it, they just told me NOT to be stupid.. Apparently its been taking some significant amount of time to get the renewal through...damn state

·
Registered
561 Posts
As far as "the process" is concerned, renewals and new issues are virtually the same. You need pictures and prints, and the state has to do their own processing as well.

Start to finish at my department is about three months right now... add that with the fact that the fee got jacked to $100.00, and we have a lot of unhappy customers at the window... :?

-Mike

·
Registered
874 Posts
Besides the $100 price tag, some towns are claiming not enough money to support the renewel process in a timely fashion hence asking for state funds. A shady topic to say the least and I had a friend that waited almost 2.5 months to get his permit back which is unacceptable when it puts you in danger as part of your job, and our policy would not let him carry w/o one. (We're not a PD).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.