Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
High gloss duty gear is somewhat popular here in Michigan. Grand Rapids PD, Kent County SD, Lansing PD, Kalamazoo PD, Portage PD and many others use it. Depending on what the uni looks like, it can look great or not so great :uc:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Essex PD we have a choice of plain leather or clarino with about half wearing clarino. I notice several officers wear clarino in the Cape Ann area. Some in Hamilton, Wenham, Topsfield, etc.

I have a set of both set up the same so I can wear the plain for training or the range so I won't have to scuff up the clarino, I wear the clarino for duty.

Ed

·
Subscribing Member
292 Posts
:eek:t: (Slightly)

I have a question to all you troopers out there. Can you guys actually run in those winter uniforms? Don't get me wrong, they look nice...but really uncomfortable and stiff.

And those Rhode Island troopers look like Canadian Mounties in full dress uniforms with those contraptions that push thier pants out....not to start a sh*t storm. :D

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
It is a bit more difficult to run; breeches are actually looser in the crotch and seat then regular slacks, but very tight in the knees. We deal with it :wink: , I've caught many a running suspect in my ol' boots and breeches. The field boots are far more comfortable then the regular summer jump boots we wear, probably because they are custom-fitted :D. I could wear them all day and night with no complaints. As far as duty gear goes, we all wear high-gloss clarino, as most of you know.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have a Safailand clarino duty rig I ussally were on special occations, graduation, parades, funerals or special details I like it, it looks sharp an is pretty comfortable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts