Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An issue has arisen with my department about running a Q2 One on a plate when an officer calls in the plate. We are running a Q2 One before the dispatcher knows it is an owner/operator. A Q2 One includes a Q2 BOP on owner #1.

My question is does it matter that you have run the Q2 One when it may not possibly be owner/operator? Some people contend that you can not because if it is not owner/operator you now have Q2 BOPed 2 people, one of which is not involved in the stop. Hopefully this makes sense.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Pinkos307...

My opinion, the 'Q2 One' has replaced, or at least should have replaced by now, the plain old Q2 for a plate listing. Nine times out of ten, who drives any given vehicle; usually it is the registered owner. The 'Q2 One', as you know, saves a lot of time and provides so much information, which can lead to a better reason to stop a vehicle (i.e. suspensions, revocations or warrants on the reg/owner). When I am benched, I have a habit of always running a 'Q2 One' or a 'Q2 BOP'. In fact, after 6 years inside riding the pine before I hit the road, I always take it for granted that the desk officer runs the person or vehicle the way I've done it. I can't tell you how many times I've rechecked a person on my mobile computer and they come up having XX number of BOP entries that I was never informed of because 'regular' check was done.

Sorry for being long winded, but I would say there is nothing wrong with running a 'Q2 One' anytime a plate is called in. An instructor from my Academy told the class this great statement that I always hold in the back of my mind: "Run them all!"

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Q2 ONE, is the way I run mine when on the desk. I don't see how anyone could say that it is a legal issue or CJIS violation.

·
MassCops Member
132 Posts
How is it any different than running a plate from the cruiser. You get the same info as a Q2 ONE (in a better format) when you run a listing on an MDT. It automatically checks the R.O for warrants and license status and BOP history.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Q2 ONE

I run and have always ran a Q2 One when ever a plate is given to me.

I give out the information and if there is a bop and how many (ie 4 adult on BOP).

no one has ever given me a problem with it. alot of times they have me running paltes without them having stopped the person yet and some are for DB reasons.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone know the training name used when trying to train a new dispatcher? I have heard there is a fake name you can use and it will come up with all sorts of good things (pos. WMS, BOP History, even something in the III)

Thanks

·
Registered
334 Posts
Pinkos307 said:
Does anyone know the training name used when trying to train a new dispatcher? I have heard there is a fake name you can use and it will come up with all sorts of good things (pos. WMS, BOP History, even something in the III)

Thanks
:eek:t:
I believe it is RECORD, TEST. Not sure though - it's been a while!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Name

It should be in the main CJIS binder or in your CJIS LEaPS/NCIC Instructors manual.

I do not know it and I do not think I used it when I was Cert. many years back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.