Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
342 Posts
Although back in Mass for 4 years now here I am again talking about how Texas does things.

In order to work as a police officer in Texas you must be licensed by the state.
To be licensed you must
Complete the Academy
Pass State exam.
License will then be issued upon request of commissioning agency.

Therefore, you know that to have a license the person went to the academy and is working or had worked as a cop(in Texas read peace officer) The license status could also be checked online. Mine would show as retired.

If I could figure out how to do it I'd post a copy of mine.

Posted Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:56 am:

I think I've figured it out so here's the copy. (obviously I've edited out my personal info.)

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,803 Posts
MarkBoston @ 18 Sep 2004 06:58 said:
Just tossing this out but how about a academy certification card? Nice wallet size card which has an officers certification be it F/T, SSPO, or P/T. That way if there is any question on who is who it can be resolved rather quickly.
Well.......................
A valid/current Police I.D. should take care of the issue. Why re-invent the wheel? I can say it's a good question Mark, but why go down the road of issuing/carrying another cerification?
There would be some people with Academy certifications that were:
1. Self sponsored (not employed)
2. Fired/resigned for just cause
3. altered/forged

Bottom line...............................

Badge + Valid/current ID= cop

·
Registered
874 Posts
I read that some county SD's have stopped the practice of giving out badges to their PI's? What is it they wear on their uniform then, no badge? That'd make for a suspicious looking deputy in my book.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,803 Posts
This whole subject is chicken-sh*t anyway.
:evil:

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.