Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked for a answer sheet months ago. I was sent my responses on the test. But When I asked for a score card to compare the answers. (Just letters to letters.). I received this.

“Thank you for your inquiry. The examination questions, correct answers, and scoring methodology are confidential and will not be released. Your score is accurate and final.

Thank you,
Civil Service Unit”

I was just curious if anyone else understands why? Lol

·
Registered
381 Posts
I asked for a answer sheet months ago. I was sent my responses on the test. But When I asked for a score card to compare the answers. (Just letters to letters.). I received this.

“Thank you for your inquiry. The examination questions, correct answers, and scoring methodology are confidential and will not be released. Your score is accurate and final.

Thank you,
Civil Service Unit”

I was just curious if anyone else understands why? Lol
They shouldn’t really even offer this if that’s all they’re going to allow you to see. Not sure what the whole purpose of it is. Very strange, but that’s very typical of the Civil Service Division, not the brightest people working in that department.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They shouldn’t really even offer this if that’s all they’re going to allow you to see. Not sure what the whole purpose of it is. Very strange, but that’s very typical of the Civil Service Division, not the brightest people working in that department.
Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. Why do they even give you the test “inputs to review”. When you can’t reference them to anything. Lol

How did you cousin make out with Texas State police?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. Why do they even give you the test “inputs to review”. When you can’t reference them to anything. Lol

How did you cousin make out with Texas State police?
He did well thanks, he starts the A session class in 2022. He did end up in the high 300s in Boston, so that’s not exactly out of the question for him to get reached on the list, but I think he’s made up his mind for Texas at this point.. can’t really blame him. They take good care of them down there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Should everything been strongly agree or strongly disagree? Also are they looking for 0 as number of times disciplined in high school for being late as a correct answer?
They can’t disclose the way the test is graded… 😂

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He did well thanks, he starts the A session class in 2022. He did end up in the high 300s in Boston, so that’s not exactly out of the question for him to get reached on the list, but I think he’s made up his mind for Texas at this point.. can’t really blame him. They take good care of them down there.
I don’t blame him. Texas looks like a great opportunity. How low do cities/ town usually go when hiring (within the list). I’m in the mid 40’s on mine.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I don’t blame him. Texas looks like a great opportunity. How low do cities/ town usually go when hiring (within the list). I’m in the mid 40’s on mine.
Depends on the size of the muni and how many vacancies they’re looking to fill. #40 in Boston would be a sure thing to get into the academy of course, but #40 in Great Barrington, Massachusetts probably has a better chance of hitting the lottery.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Depends on the size of the muni and how many vacancies they’re looking to fill. #40 in Boston would be a sure thing to get into the academy of course, but #40 in Great Barrington, Massachusetts probably has a better chance of hitting the lottery.
Interesting. It’s a decent size city. I haven’t been holding my breath since the list came out. Lol

·
Registered
381 Posts
If it’s a city (not a town) and your number #40 I’d say you will probably hear something, but I’m also saying that somewhat blindly. I don’t know how many recruits cities like Worcester, Fall River, Brockton, Springfield go through usually, but I would assume they have to go deeper than #40 recruits during the hiring process, I know we certainly do in Boston.

I also don’t know what their vacancies look like. I’d assume they need at least one class off this test like we do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts