Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a FT officer for a non-civil service town. I am taking the upcoming civil service exam. Any study tips or suggested study guides to get a high score.

·
Subscribing Member
397 Posts
As a PO you already know, the best tip is use common sense. You can use all the books under the sun, (which i did). You can even try some voodoo ( which I did not). But when it comes down to it, the questions are straight forward. A good night sleep, a light breakfast, maybe even a red-bull before test time.

If all else fail, a little O.C. in the class room to ween out the competition! :evil:

·
Registered
71 Posts
You'll be fine. I work in Mass now but I worked in NH before and the night before the civil service exam I had a dwi/oui arrest. I did not get a chance to go to bed because it was an accident w/ serious injury. I got home, took a really cold shower and went and took the test. I was punch drunk but I ended getting a 99%. Don't sweat it, but if you can, get the night before the test off because YOU WILL get a cluster. Murphy's Law. :sl:

·
Subscribing Member
771 Posts
Best advice I can give you is mentioned already. Get a good nights rest, eat a good breakfast .....and don't stress over it. When I just took the test without stressing over it, I did much better. Just go with the flow and you will do fine.

Good Luck to all taking the test.

·
Registered
71 Posts
When you take the test, take your time, there's no rush, read the question, study the answers, then and make your decision. BTW if you're not a VET, you better ace the test or think of another job. Good luck!

·
Registered
150 Posts
JROB";p="58387 said:
I'm a FT officer for a non-civil service town. I am taking the upcoming civil service exam. Any study tips or suggested study guides to get a high score.
:? Good luck. I'd stick with your job now. With all the Vets coming back, civil circus jobs are slim and none.

·
Subscribing Member
1,169 Posts
Lets not forget the post-exam tips: get to know those much needed, quick thinking, intelligent pols in your community. They may very well be YOUR best friend! 8)

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
I'll give ya a tip, take the test application and wipe it on your ass cause that all its worth. Civil circus is a sick joke, unless your a VET.

See ya there

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.