Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Civil Service Scores

23K views 72 replies 40 participants last post by  Todd 
#1 ·
I just received my score from Civil Service, 97, not what I was expecting but I would like to know how other people scored to compare. The letter was postmarked August 2 from Chelsea, so most city residents will receive their notice today.

#3 ·
I got a 96... disappointed, I thought the test was a piece of cake, but hopefully it is enough. After what HRD told me yesterday, I was surprised as hell to find the letter in my mailbox, and I do not live in the city.

Park Ranger, check out the back of your letter - they give explanations for police experience credit rejections, etc.

-Mike

#5 ·
96! Not my worst, but certainly not my best! I am very disappointed. :cry: But for what it's worth, this test was definately more difficult because of those mistakes on behalf of HRD.

Did they issue a credit for the "self-incrimination" question? I thought I saw somewhere on here before that they did... :?

#12 ·
I took a six point nose dive from last test to this. :evil: :evil: 98 in 2001 and a 93 this time. I don't remember if this was talked about before but can we obtain the test and our answers to see were we went wrong??

An me too saw nothing about experience points on my sheet.
Well I can't wait to find out what people got with no LE experience since all of us seemed to go down the crapper hopefully that will be the trend.
Not like it really matters

#13 ·
You can request a copy of your answer sheet and the HRD answer sheet, but you cannot get the questions. The instructions on how to do that are on the letter with your score.

Tim, I think there is some kind of appeal process. I know others have been denied but later got the points with documentation, etc.

#18 ·
thimios315...I think the problem with the police experience problem is this..
That category is not for a broad definition of police. That category is designed for persons currently working under the job title that the exam is being given for. Full and Part-time municipal police officers get that credit because they have experience in that job title.
Believe me though, I see what your saying....I don't get it either and I've been sworn for 3 years+

#25 ·
Thimios315 said:
The score on the written may very well be my 'fault'. The Police experience denial is totally unfair. I am a sworn Law Enforcement Officer in this Commonwealth with full arrest power, Chapt. 90, book my own prisoners and even cite state laws! Someone help me if they are familiar in this subject!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What, I'm useless because I wear green pants?!?! Someone, anyone, Help ?
Thimios315.... I just read on the HRD site that the appeal deadline for experience points is 8/18... I would definitely appeal . What's the worst that could happen?? They could turn you down for the points but it couldn't hurt to try! here is the web address i saw it ....http://www.state.ma.us/hrd/calendar/civil_service_calendar.htm

#26 ·
autox, as Dungie said, you cannot look over the questions (that appeals process was immediately after the exam was administered back in the spring), but you can appeal how your answer sheet was read. They will mail you a copy of your sheet, along with a copy of how their scanner interpreted your sheet.

:eek:t: Tim and MB, if you had shown up to the party, I could have shown you how it's done... 8)

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.