Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my score from Civil Service, 97, not what I was expecting but I would like to know how other people scored to compare. The letter was postmarked August 2 from Chelsea, so most city residents will receive their notice today.

·
Subscribing Member
502 Posts
I went from 2 previous 96% to an 89% yeowch.... I know someoone else who got in the 80's so maybe that will be this test's trend..

·
Registered
561 Posts
I got a 96... disappointed, I thought the test was a piece of cake, but hopefully it is enough. After what HRD told me yesterday, I was surprised as hell to find the letter in my mailbox, and I do not live in the city.

Park Ranger, check out the back of your letter - they give explanations for police experience credit rejections, etc.

-Mike

·
Subscribing Member
312 Posts
I got a friggen 94. doesn't matter, unfortunately it will be next to impossible for ANYONE to get hired in this state anytime soon.

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
96! Not my worst, but certainly not my best! I am very disappointed. :cry: But for what it's worth, this test was definately more difficult because of those mistakes on behalf of HRD.

Did they issue a credit for the "self-incrimination" question? I thought I saw somewhere on here before that they did... :?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got a 96 also. It was more difficult than the past exams but I thought I did better. I really hope my town is low scoring.

·
1,952 Posts
91% for my 1st time. Oh well. I still got a few more years in school to raise that up and become ed-ju-ma-cated :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well lost a point from last year.. I got a 93 this time... like tigerwoody said see you guys and gals in NH. We all know Mass wont be hiring anytime soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I took a six point nose dive from last test to this. :evil: :evil: 98 in 2001 and a 93 this time. I don't remember if this was talked about before but can we obtain the test and our answers to see were we went wrong??

An me too saw nothing about experience points on my sheet.
Well I can't wait to find out what people got with no LE experience since all of us seemed to go down the crapper hopefully that will be the trend.
Not like it really matters

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
You can request a copy of your answer sheet and the HRD answer sheet, but you cannot get the questions. The instructions on how to do that are on the letter with your score.

Tim, I think there is some kind of appeal process. I know others have been denied but later got the points with documentation, etc.

·
Subscribing Member
397 Posts
Thimios315 said:
What, I'm useless because I wear green pants?!?!
No, your useless cuz you can't handle your alcohol! (sorry couldn't resist)

Still waiting for my results, hopefu;;y I don't join the trend of lower test scores, but like they say see you in NH!

I wonder if I can use my bag as a Correction officer?

·
Subscribing Member
185 Posts
I also did not score as well as i did last time but we should know if it is a trend come November. I hope everyone is right that they wont hire off this one. I got 100 on the last test and still haven't gotten hired!!!!! :BM:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ah........but Kirk, what did you score this time around???

I'm thinking HRD might have messed up on one or two questions that they haven't identified yet.

·
Registered
89 Posts
thimios315...I think the problem with the police experience problem is this..
That category is not for a broad definition of police. That category is designed for persons currently working under the job title that the exam is being given for. Full and Part-time municipal police officers get that credit because they have experience in that job title.
Believe me though, I see what your saying....I don't get it either and I've been sworn for 3 years+

·
Subscribing Member
185 Posts
Strat60, I got a 93 % this time around compared to my 100 % the last time around. But i figured i didn't do so well this time around anyway. This was my 4th time taking the exam and this one I feel was harder than the others. :G:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Considering the number of layoffs and all the budget cuts I think it will be a cold day in He$$ before any of us are taken from this list. California is looking good!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.