Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when a civil service town is going to hire a full time PO do they have to hire off the list for that town, or could they hire a dispatcher or a special (already working for the town) without even looking at the list. I was just wondering if anyone knows if there are any civil service rules saying this is alright or prohibited for the town or chief to do. thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ok I just signed up for the April 2005 exam. its only September 2004. I have seven months to get ready. What are the best ways to study for the exam, and what are the best books to read to help me prepare for the exam.

Thanks for all your help

Phil

·
Subscribing Member
185 Posts
Civil service will send you a booklet with test examples. It's really all you need. Don't waist your money on any of those so called prep classes there all full of it. :2c: Good Luck on the exam! :)

·
Subscribing Member
944 Posts
Philly @ Wed 08 Sep said:
Ok I just signed up for the April 2005 exam. its only September 2004. I have seven months to get ready. What are the best ways to study for the exam, and what are the best books to read to help me prepare for the exam.

Thanks for all your help

Phil
Just a lil curious.

Where did you sign up for the exam? Cause the HRD site doesn't say anything about it on there.

Scott :pc:

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
Philly,

Definitley get the Barrons book! Its short money and if you spend some time with it you will no doubt get a better score. Those couple of points could be the difference bewteen getting a phone call or not. In my opinion, that book is worth a lot more than it sells for. Go thru it and you'll see what i mean.. very well written

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.